As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Gill officially gets the Ax  (Read 28922 times)

December 22, 2011, 12:15:07 PM
Reply #105

UB_dropout

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Gill officially gets the Ax
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »
Could you imagine the outcry on Faux News if a public school like UB banned the Young Republicans?   I know we're pretty close with the Gay Christian thing, but that group is still allowed to assemble, they just lost their funding.

December 22, 2011, 12:25:00 PM
Reply #106

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Could you imagine the outcry on Faux News if a public school like UB banned the Young Republicans?   I know we're pretty close with the Gay Christian thing, but that group is still allowed to assemble, they just lost their funding.

Yea all those national headlines because they just suspended a Christian Group who violated the rules defined by the institution.. oh wait that was one spectrum article that was in favor of the ban!

Are kids who were in the young democrats actually banned from assembly on campus? or just not recognized / funded by liberty?

When a member of the young democrats sent Falwell a mail here was his reply:

We do not believe and have not stated that one cannot be Christian and Democrat. We are encouraging this club to affiliate with Democrats for Life or some similar organization so that we can endorse them once again. Even if they remain affiliated with the DNC, they will not be prevented from meeting on campus or having a club. They just cannot use LU's name because of the DNC's position on abortion.

The situations are *exactly* identical so check how consistent you are being.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:27:41 PM by Bull_In_Exile »
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

December 22, 2011, 01:01:52 PM
Reply #107

everlast2504

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »
Could you imagine the outcry on Faux News if a public school like UB banned the Young Republicans?   I know we're pretty close with the Gay Christian thing, but that group is still allowed to assemble, they just lost their funding.

Its Fox News and its a lot closer to the center then CNN, not by much though and a hell of lot closer then msnbc.  Liberty is an extermly religious institution, the sutdents truly chose to go there because of what the school is. The students are also held to the honor code that they must uphold. It just so happens there are alot of left wing ideals that are in direct disagreement with this honor code. Does it suck? Yes it does. Should these students should of known that their democratic club would be defunded? I hope so.

Also Fox news if it knew about it would be all over a school banning young republicans, democrats, i have a feeling that if the christian club thing kick the kid out, it would of made news.

December 22, 2011, 01:18:49 PM
Reply #108

Dave S

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - squid4lyfe1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »
Can we chill with the political discussion? I don't agree with some of you, but this thread was about Gill going to Liberty and not about the biased approaches of certain news organizations.

December 22, 2011, 05:17:58 PM
Reply #109

UB_dropout

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
Can we chill with the political discussion? I don't agree with some of you, but this thread was about Gill going to Liberty and not about the biased approaches of certain news organizations.

Sorry I let my politics run into this, I'm usually better than that.  Although I do lean slightly to the left of center, I do understand Liberty's position and their right to be there.

That being said, I do honestly believe it is a great match for Turner, and sincerely wish him the best of luck at Liberty.

December 22, 2011, 11:54:27 PM
Reply #110

nyquil

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2011, 11:54:27 PM »
I liked chanting "Evolution" when we played Liberty in hoops.
Blow up Ohio.

This site is READ ONLY