Author Topic: 2017 Eastern XC regionals  (Read 1957 times)

February 18, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
Read 1957 times

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
2017 Eastern XC regionals
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
UB has been selected to host the DI Eastern Regionals XC championship races for men's' and women's' teams. The races will be held at Delaware Park on Friday November 10, 2017. Hopefully the Bulls can run as well or better than the last time they hosted. And maybe this time there won't be 40 mph winds. Finally, please no snow!

February 18, 2015, 03:28:23 PM
Reply #1

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Eastern XC regionals
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »
UB has been selected to host the DI Eastern Regionals XC championship races for men's' and women's' teams. The races will be held at Delaware Park on Friday November 10, 2017. Hopefully the Bulls can run as well or better than the last time they hosted. And maybe this time there won't be 40 mph winds. Finally, please no snow!

Kill joy.

October 19, 2016, 08:00:53 AM
Reply #2

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2017 Eastern XC regionals
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:00:53 AM »
I may have to amend the original post in this thread. It appears that UB will host next year's DI Northeast Regional XC Championship races but not at Delaware Park. They will be held again at Audubon Golf Course. This according to the info on the NCAA site. That's probably both good and bad.

Bad because Delaware Park is such a spectacular setting. Good because better parking and facilities can be found at Audubon. I just watched the Canisius Invitational at Delaware Park on Saturday. Both the men's and women's races left the grass to cross the ring road for the 8k and 6k races- not good in spikes. Plus the men had a section late in the race where the leaders had to cross the path of the stragglers in order to maintain their desired direction-ridiculous!  The men's championship will be a 10k. From what I can recall, Audubon is more spectator friendly as well.