Author Topic: Steve Geltz is tearing up MLB  (Read 4401 times)

June 24, 2015, 10:17:22 AM
Read 4401 times

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Steve Geltz is tearing up MLB
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »
As a reliever for the Tampa Bay Rays, Steve just set a new team record by recording 28 straight outs (over the course of multiple games) with no hits, no balls, and no hit-by-pitches. I've never been the biggest advocate for our baseball program but you've gotta love what this guy is doing. He's making me a Rays fan.

http://www.draysbay.com/2015/6/23/8833071/steve-geltz-first-perfect-game-tampa-bay-rays-history
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

July 20, 2015, 09:12:59 AM
Reply #1

myBuffalo

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Steve Geltz is tearing up MLB
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »
I'm taking my boys to the game tomorrow, Phils at home against TB. We are going primarily to see Aaron Nola's debut for the Phillies, however as a bonus I hope to see Geltz pitch an inning which will mark the first time watching a UB Bull live in a MLB game.
Go Phils-Nola, Go Geltz-Buffalo!!
Lets Go Buffalo!

July 22, 2015, 11:50:13 PM
Reply #2

121Merrimac

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 11:50:13 PM »
... I hope to see Geltz pitch an inning ...

Well, not a whole inning.  Still, I imagine it was pretty nice to see a few pitches.

July 23, 2015, 10:12:51 AM
Reply #3

myBuffalo

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 10:12:51 AM »
it was great - Karns was pulled and i didn't even realize that Geltz was in - He got Freddy Galvis to fly out to CF and then a tricky ball hit off of his glove and went to the off-balance 2nd baseman that allowed the runner to be safe and he was pulled for a LH pitcher with Howard coming up. I stood and applauded and people around me had no idea what I was doing that for, I sat down let out a "Let's Go Buffalo!" cheer and felt good. He also pitched a full 3 out inning the game before and really I had no doubt he was get Howard out, becuase evey one gets Howard out.

Lets Go Buffalo!

November 28, 2016, 03:14:07 PM
Reply #4

UB77

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
Steve Geltz
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 03:14:07 PM »
Brewers Claim Steve Geltz,
By Steve Adams |

The Brewers announced on Monday that they’ve claimed right-handed reliever Steve Geltz off waivers from the Rays and designated minor league outfielder/first baseman Adam Walker for assignment.

Geltz will head to the Brewers, where former Rays director of player personnel Matt Arnold is now serving as the assistant GM. The 29-year-old who recorded a 5.74 ERA in 26 2/3 innings with Tampa Bay this past season but posted a more impressive 3.03 ERA with better than 10 strikeouts per nine innings during his time at Triple-A. He had a solid season out of the Tampa Bay ’pen in 2015 (3.74 ERA, 8.2 K/9, 3.5 BB/9 in 67 1/3 innings) and has a 4.23 ERA in 104 1/3 innings at the big league level dating back to 2012. Milwaukee has some uncertainty in the bullpen after trading both Jeremy Jeffress and Will Smith at the non-waiver trade deadline this past year, and Geltz will give them an experienced arm to add to the 2017 bullpen competition.