Author Topic: Ronaldo "Rondo" Segu commits to the Bulls! - Class of 2018  (Read 754 times)

October 01, 2017, 09:53:44 PM
Read 754 times

myBuffalo

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ronaldo "Rondo" Segu commits to the Bulls! - Class of 2018
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »

His handle is incredible, hope it translates well to the college game. Nice to see us out recruit over bigger more established programs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:45:39 AM by admin »
Lets Go Buffalo!

January 12, 2018, 12:43:19 PM
Reply #1

BasketBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • BU--FF--AL--O--GO
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo "Rondo" Segu commits to the Bulls! - Class of 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:43:19 PM »
There's a couple of games of Segu's up on ESPN3 now - OCP vs. IMG Academy and OCP vs. Montverde Academy which they just played. Montverde is 21-0 and the # 1 team in the country (#1 recruit RJ Barrett plays for them) and they looked every bit of it against OCP.

Segu is a bit loose with the ball and struggled a bit against Montverde but I wouldn't read too much into it. A couple of the guys he was going up against are likely to be in the NBA after a one and done year in the NCAA. Segu is quick, nimble, a pretty nice shooter and always looking to make a big play. The main negative takeaway was the frequency of sloppy turnovers trying to get the ball inside against skilled athletic bigs. I think he'll be prone to turnovers early and hopefully improve as he acclimates to the pace of D1 play.

I think one thing is for sure: the level of play that both Williams and Segu are playing against right now should benefit them greatly with being able to make the transition as quickly as possible. They're regularly playing against 4 and 5 star guys.