Author Topic: Drew Anderson - QB1  (Read 1637 times)

October 09, 2017, 12:24:23 PM
Reply #15

TML1000

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Anderson - QB1
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
If you believe in 'LL, who chose Tyree, then I would think you would believe that Tyree would have similar stats.

Clearly Drew has been tremendous, one of the best in the MAC at least if he continues this trend. IMO, Tyree is just a different type of talent. We'll see...of all the problems to have, I'd rather we have this one than most others.

October 09, 2017, 12:47:26 PM
Reply #16

verandaman

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »
While I don't share your assumption about how Tyree would have performed, I do agree with your conclusion, Tyree, ....'er TML1000.

Although I am mindful of the old adage, "Teams with two starting QB's are teams with no starting QB's".

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know" - Aristotle

October 09, 2017, 03:43:34 PM
Reply #17

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
Lots of awards.
http://ubbulls.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20171009jb4t2x

Click here to vote.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/allstatesugarbowl/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159321961945459

Also, perhaps we should start thinking about this guy.
Thought this was a really good hire in the off-season.  It's looking even better now.  Jackson looks better this year and Anderson has been amazing.
http://ubbulls.com/sports/fball/coaches/Zebrowski?view=bio

October 10, 2017, 11:38:36 AM
Reply #18

zigo230

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »
I've read through this thread and i just don't see it being a hard decision.

Right now, Tyree isn't 100%.   

You can't sit a guy who just set the record for MOST passing yards in MAC history and tied for most passing TD's in MAC history.  Yes it took 7 OTs but he had like 470 yds in regulation if I'm not mistaken?  All this against a really good Western Michigan team that gave USC all they could handle a few weeks ago.  All this minus his top 2 running backs (most of second half) and some WRs that also got banged up.

Hey, i didn't think he could make all the throws but he showed he can. and has great pocket awareness.  The coaches are paid to run a solid program and WIN.  If they think Anderson can move the team better right now they will stick with him.

Let it play out.  If he has a dud game, and Tyree is back to 100% I'm sure they'd stick him back in.  I don't think people have to worry about transferring and all of that.  Things will sort itself out on the field.

October 10, 2017, 03:12:52 PM
Reply #19

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile

October 10, 2017, 03:45:27 PM
Reply #20

verandaman

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 03:45:27 PM »
Coach-speak................not losing your position to injury; yadda yadda.  What else is he going to say?  Drew will start at least the next two games (perhaps more) before Tyree can even begin to think about his return.  If Drew keeps being Drew, Coach D3 will whistle a different tune.  It will be, we think Tyree is better served resting for the a little longer; we want him 100%; it will take a bit longer to get back to game speed............(did I miss any?).

It's Drew's job to lose.  As a few of you would "period".
"The more you know, the more you know you don't know" - Aristotle

October 10, 2017, 04:02:00 PM
Reply #21

zigo230

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »
Coach-speak................not losing your position to injury; yadda yadda.  What else is he going to say?  Drew will start at least the next two games (perhaps more) before Tyree can even begin to think about his return.  If Drew keeps being Drew, Coach D3 will whistle a different tune.  It will be, we think Tyree is better served resting for the a little longer; we want him 100%; it will take a bit longer to get back to game speed............(did I miss any?).

It's Drew's job to lose.  As a few of you would "period".

Yep, well said.  I would be shocked if coach said anything different.   

There's no reason to cross that bridge until Tyree is 100% ready.  It's easy to say he's the starter and can't lose his position to injury.  Coach is just buying himself 2-3 more weeks.  If Anderson comes down to earth and lays an egg (or gets hurt)....LL played the smart hand by reminding us now that Tyree is the guy no matter what.  I'm sure even Drew would remind fans that he is the backup and just trying to hold down the position as best he can.

October 12, 2017, 08:19:57 AM
Reply #22

JoeyRattlesnake

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 08:19:57 AM »
With a nearly comparable sample size (92 attempts vs. 88 attempts), Drew has been much more effective with a 9/1 TD:INT ratio versus Tyree's 3:1.  In addition, our point total has increased a bit under Drew, albeit versus weaker defenses.  I think Drew had a heck of a game, but I'd be careless not to contemplate the fact that he had many, many more opportunities than you would see in a typical game.  He basically played two games in one.

All this being said, I don't see how you take out the hot hand, if he indeed stays hot.  The old saying goes "if you have two QBs, then you don't have one", but in this case... I truly think we might have two effective, even dynamic QBs.

Go Bulls.

October 12, 2017, 07:06:58 PM
Reply #23

kurtdahlberg93

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »
Well, its nice to be having a positive debate at QB.  I personally really need to see Drew play two more games.  The offense feels a little more smooth or efficient with Drew.  60% vs 55.5% completion.  Both players have shown a lot poise this year.