Author Topic: Sr. Forward Gabe Agorgie - Final Spot  (Read 1722 times)

October 09, 2017, 05:10:22 PM
Read 1722 times

Kevin

• Information
  • First Year Starter
  • UB Basketball Die Hard ('06 - Present)
    • View Profile
Sr. Forward Gabe Agorgie - Final Spot
« on: October 09, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
I'm assuming he's taking the 13 scholarship this season. He takes McKinzie's spot for this year.

I've never heard of him and can't find anything on him. Any insight?

UB only has 5 forwards on the roster, he is one of them.

October 09, 2017, 05:54:18 PM
Reply #1

BasketBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • BU--FF--AL--O--GO
    • View Profile
Re: Sr. Forward Gabe Agorgie - Final Spot
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
I'm about 90% sure he's a walk-on

October 10, 2017, 09:45:54 AM
Reply #2

fosterclogfear

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:54 AM »
100%

October 10, 2017, 01:06:57 PM
Reply #3

trueblue32

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:06:57 PM »
I think Nikola is keeping his scholarship for the year even though he can’t play due to his knee. I’ve seen him around campus and around the team.  I’m pretty sure Gabe is a walk-on as they had tryouts not too long ago. I remember seeing him play at the Alumni triple gym during open gym, but I don’t recall much about him.

October 10, 2017, 03:15:40 PM
Reply #4

Kevin

• Information
  • First Year Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 03:15:40 PM »
100%

Based on what? VC gives him the scholarship.

10/9/2017 - JUCO SF Gabe Agorioge (6-4, 233, 2?) has received an offer from Buffalo.

Also Nicola's scholarship was used when they had 13. Quate's scholarship is the one open. Unless they can re-give someone a scholarship.

October 10, 2017, 06:58:23 PM
Reply #5

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 06:58:23 PM »
Verbal Commits has his name highlighted in purple, meaning he is not a scholarship player.

October 11, 2017, 01:14:30 AM
Reply #6

Kevin

• Information
  • First Year Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 01:14:30 AM »
Verbal Commits has his name highlighted in purple, meaning he is not a scholarship player.

They have Wes Clark as a walk on too. I don't think either are correct, considering they state:
10/9/2017 - JUCO SF Gabe Agorioge (6-4, 233, 2?) has received an offer from Buffalo.

October 11, 2017, 03:40:58 AM
Reply #7

NathanVC

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 03:40:58 AM »
Hello, this is Nathan LeClair, CEO of Verbal Commits (and UB Class of 2016).

Certain messages have been popping up incorrectly in the Recent Activity box. I have been trying to get the webmaster to correct this error but he does not have the bandwidth to do so.

The messages may be wrong on occasion but the chart is correct. Agorgie is listed in purple, which indicates he's a walk-on.

Clark was a walk-on while sitting out last year and we've been unable to confirm whether he's received a scholarship for this coming season.

October 11, 2017, 01:17:51 PM
Reply #8

BasketBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • BU--FF--AL--O--GO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »

Certain messages have been popping up incorrectly in the Recent Activity box. I have been trying to get the webmaster to correct this error but he does not have the bandwidth to do so.

The messages may be wrong on occasion but the chart is correct. Agorgie is listed in purple, which indicates he's a walk-on.

Clark was a walk-on while sitting out last year and we've been unable to confirm whether he's received a scholarship for this coming season.

I had no idea Verbal commits had a UB connection! That’s great. I love using your site far more than any other recruiting source.

October 11, 2017, 01:28:29 PM
Reply #9

Kevin

• Information
  • First Year Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »

Thanks for clearing this up and popping on! Wouldn't that mean that UB has 2 scholarships for this season? I'd have to bet Clark received one for this year. Any insight into next years scholarships in which we have 1 too many?

October 11, 2017, 04:27:55 PM
Reply #10

NathanVC

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »

I had no idea Verbal commits had a UB connection! That’s great. I love using your site far more than any other recruiting source.

Awesome!! Glad you like the site! Spent many nights from 2012-2016 building/maintaining the VC database in Capen.

October 11, 2017, 04:32:44 PM
Reply #11

NathanVC

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »

Thanks for clearing this up and popping on! Wouldn't that mean that UB has 2 scholarships for this season? I'd have to bet Clark received one for this year. Any insight into next years scholarships in which we have 1 too many?

Just confirmed Clark is on scholarship. They're at 13 currently, the max for this season (EDIT: they are at 12, not 13. They have one available scholarship for this season).

Curious to see what happens next year given the fact that they have 14 scholarship players next year. No idea what their plans are regarding that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:46:20 PM by NathanVC »

October 11, 2017, 06:26:51 PM
Reply #12

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »

Just confirmed Clark is on scholarship. They're at 13 currently, the max for this season (EDIT: they are at 12, not 13. They have one available scholarship for this season).

Curious to see what happens next year given the fact that they have 14 scholarship players next year. No idea what their plans are regarding that.

I believe this may be Ikenna Smart's final season with the Bulls (don't quote me on it though). So if Smart does depart and Wes Clark's gone next year, it would be 13/13 scholarships for next season.

October 11, 2017, 08:25:32 PM
Reply #13

rma

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »

I think I remember riding a True Blue bus with you to Kent or Akron one year.

Question not related to this - how do you confirm everything that gets tweeted/put out?  There have been tons of instances of recruits either faking offers or getting deceived with fake offers.  Do you guys call up the school each time?

To not quote anybody.....
Where's the idea that Ikenna is gone after this year from?  If true, that makes our last 4 year basketball player Skeete (2015-16 senior) and next possible one Massinburg/Perkins (2018-19 senior).
So, thunder through, Go Blue! Give a Cheer, never fear!

October 12, 2017, 11:59:19 AM
Reply #14

Kevin

• Information
  • First Year Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 11:59:19 AM »

Interesting. I wonder if they use that scholarship this year? Weird we weren't able to find a transfer.

Do you know if Clark has full year or December eligibility? Some were saying he's spent his year already.