Author Topic: Spiral Tropical Bowl  (Read 307 times)

January 13, 2018, 12:12:06 PM
Read 307 times

verandaman

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Spiral Tropical Bowl
« on: January 13, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
I saw on UBBulls.com that Kyle DeWeen was going to play in this game (Sunday, January 14 @ Daytona Beach).  When I check the roster on the Bowl website he is not listed.  Anyone know whether he is playing or not?  Dar an I are thinking of driving over tomorrow morning and checking it out.

PS.......expected game time (9:00am) temperature is around 35 or 36F.....a tad fresh, but Kyle should feel at home after years at UB!
"The more you know, the more you know you don't know" - Aristotle

January 14, 2018, 10:43:15 AM
Reply #1

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Tropical Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »
http://www.tropicalbowl.com/roster

He's on the roster, along with a LB from Buffalo State.

January 14, 2018, 05:22:20 PM
Reply #2

verandaman

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Tropical Bowl
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »
Thanks Promo.  It was updated today on line.  To say the Bowl's website is less than spectacular would be a gross understatement.

Having said that, Dar and I did go to the game.  Kyle punted well (his first was a 52 yarder from his own end zone/goal line); he also held for kicks and handled his chances cleanly.  So all in all a good showing for him.

Taj Williams (WR, TCU) was good.  Was Offensive MVP.  Two TD receptions.  Zachary Green (RB, Arizona) was impressive too....he's a bit of a cannon ball...5'9" and 225, but sure runs hard.

Not a great game, but college football in mid January is always a bonus.

PS....managed to snag a hat; name of Bowl was wrong on the hat...real souvenir!.  Growing pains :-)
"The more you know, the more you know you don't know" - Aristotle