Author Topic: Please Identify & Educate Tim Riordan  (Read 1334 times)

May 15, 2018, 07:11:53 PM
Read 1334 times

mh55

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
  • Flamer or Troll
    • View Profile
Please Identify & Educate Tim Riordan
« on: May 15, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
Mr Riordan penned an inaccurate and error filled column about Buffalo's upcoming game tilt with Temple on SBNation Bull Run. Though he was correct about the Owls thoroughly dominating Buffalo in its last 3 meetings, he veered off the stat and score sheet and tried to interject analysis and fell flat on his face. Per the Officila MAC History Books, Temple indeed is considered co- East Division Champs in 2009 however, they didnt represent the East in the MACCG due to losing the tie breaker. Additionally, when the befuddled Riordan states the "MAC threw Temple a lifeline" by inviting them into the conference, he fails to recognize in return, Temple attempted to rehab the MAC's horrendous basketball conference by agreeing to play 8 games (4 men and women) each year to offset your league's dismal RPI ratings. Both Temple's Men and Women's teams were perennial tournament participants in those years. The Men's team brought the winningest programs to all the campuses we visited and the Women never lost a MAC game during this time.

Riordan, perhaps another career course is in order or, at the very least, a remedial class on your own conference.

May 16, 2018, 12:23:36 AM
Reply #1

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Please Identify & Educate Tim Riordan
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:23:36 AM »

May 16, 2018, 12:50:55 PM
Reply #2

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:55 PM »
Brook, you're so nice.  I was going to say the same thing except Kotter would have been replaced with something completely different.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

May 16, 2018, 08:45:21 PM
Reply #3

bull_trojan

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:45:21 PM »
This thread is a bit of a Hail Mary don't you think?
@conradmostiller #ItsOn

May 17, 2018, 03:25:04 PM
Reply #4

mh55

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
  • Flamer or Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 03:25:04 PM »
It will be a delight opening 2-0

May 18, 2018, 12:56:57 AM
Reply #5

bull_trojan

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:56:57 AM »
Counting wins before the final gun is kinda what got Temple in trouble in 2008... guess you can teach a Temple man, but you can't make him learn.
@conradmostiller #ItsOn

May 19, 2018, 01:19:29 AM
Reply #6

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 01:19:29 AM »
As much as I respect Tim, his tangents against Bucky Gleason are a bit over the top. He cares way too much about what any of the columnists have opinions on.

May 19, 2018, 05:31:28 PM
Reply #7

bull_trojan

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »
As much as I respect Tim, his tangents against Bucky Gleason are a bit over the top. He cares way too much about what any of the columnists have opinions on.

In my time at BR the problem with TBN is complex. We primarily wrote to diehards who know to ignore TBN, but we also wanted to grow our appeal especially when big events occur (Mack, NCAA run etc). If you ignore TBN, it creates a national echo chamber. TBN says UB isn't serious about Basketball, it doesn't matter to the diehards, but it matters to the casual fans in Buffalo and around the nation.

That's how stories like this: "Report: Bobby Hurley left Buffalo after AD mishandling" (link below) get circulated and get accepted as fact. This hurts UB as stories like this could prevent good coaches from coming to UB. Stories about "Buffalo should drop to FCS" creates uncertainty and discourages recruits from coming to UB.

So at least now when you google Buffalo Bulls Bucky Gleason, the first line that pops up is a Bull Run article challenging Bucky's claims that can give outsiders a more balanced view of UB Athletics.

I wonder why Bucky continues to write the same article over and over and why he's allowed to.
I enjoyed ADMA's "Bless your heart" response to TBNBG's stupid FCS question: "What you said is what I’ve heard about your stance. I appreciate it. Thank you for that. It’s consistent."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2015/04/10/report-bobby-hurley-left-buffalo-after-ad-mishandling/25584229/
@conradmostiller #ItsOn

May 19, 2018, 06:43:59 PM
Reply #8

mh55

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
  • Flamer or Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
I like to set my own lines and bet accordingly. Gotta believe TU is already a 2 TD favorite. Temple -14

May 31, 2018, 04:14:37 PM
Reply #9

mh55

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
  • Flamer or Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »
This drubbing is set for a 3:30 PM Start Time giving all ten of you plenty of time to find a bus and come down. Probably gona hang another 40 on you