Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buffalo Bulls Football / Re: Turner is back..........
« Last post by rma on May 20, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
UB may be more established, but Liberty is the "Evangelical Notre Dame". They likely have much deeper pockets.

You can say that again. Their endowment puts UB to shame and they are determined to become an athletic power. They will leave UB in the dust in a few years.
They have tons of money to burn, but will not get a major conference invite because their academics are a joke.
« Last post by BrooklynBull on May 17, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »
UB may be more established, but Liberty is the "Evangelical Notre Dame". They likely have much deeper pockets.

You can say that again. Their endowment puts UB to shame and they are determined to become an athletic power. They will leave UB in the dust in a few years.

They have been trying to do that for 30 years.  Liberty does not exactly cause other to fear them.
« Last post by promotherobot on May 17, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »

Other Sports / Tennis Coaches of the Year
« Last post by BrooklynBull on May 16, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »
UB men's head tennis Coach Lee Nickell was named Northeast Regional Coach of the Year and UB women's tennis assistant coach Smaranda Stan was named Northeast Regional Assistant Coach of the Year.

http://www.itatennis.com/Awards_4114/ITA_Award_Winners/2017_DI_Regional_Awards.htm

Congratulations to both.
« Last post by RochBull on May 16, 2017, 06:52:51 AM »
Not sure how I feel about this one.
http://ubbulls.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/20170513ikbzii

Not much to gain from this game and a lot to lose.  Seeing that we're more established, we could have pushed for a 2 for 1 deal instead of just a straight up 1 for 1.  I think Liberty got the better end of the deal unless we're getting paid more.

Other Sports / Ultimate Cinderella Story
« Last post by BrooklynBull on May 15, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »
With one week to go in the season UB Baseball still has a shot at being the ultimate Cinderella story.  It looks like that if they do better than Toledo this weekend they would get the number 8 seed and advance to the MAC Championships.

Anyone else who wants to try and figure out all of the permutations be my guest.
« Last post by admin on May 15, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »
Not sure how I feel about this one.
http://ubbulls.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/20170513ikbzii

Not much to gain from this game and a lot to lose.  Seeing that we're more established, we could have pushed for a 2 for 1 deal instead of just a straight up 1 for 1.  I think Liberty got the better end of the deal unless we're getting paid more.
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Re: Jayvon Graves Game Winner
« Last post by admin on May 15, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
Initially, I was like "Wow, Dru Joyce aged ...". But anyway, the coach is actually the Dru Joyce II, the father of player we know well who played at Akron.

Congrats to Jayvon on his awards.  Looks like a kid with tremendous upside.
General Discussion / Re: UB drops 4 sports
« Last post by UB85 on May 09, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »
UB will be sued over dropping men's swimming. An atty alum is suing to get a refund on contributions made and simultaneously attempting to reverse decision on axing men's swimming. Apparently this action was under consideration for five years with absolutely zero outreach to people who might step and help with funding specific sports such as men's swimming. While many of our facilities are substandard our swimming and diving aquatics center is state of the art which makes getting rid of a swim team plain dumb! Here's the article.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/09/ub-swimming-alumni-rallying-cut-program-lawsuit-planned/

This also gets back to my point above re field house. I've donated money for that project for nderstsnfing that the field house was for the football team and not the general student population. To put it mildly I am not happy.
Buffalo Bulls Football / Re: 2017 Renewals!!!!!
« Last post by verandaman on May 09, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »
Reflexively..............knew some that did that when they were teen agers.  I, on the other hand, prefer to take a more measured approach.   

Six more games of "Go Bulls!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10