Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buffalo Bulls Football / UB Fieldhouse - Buffalo News
« Last post by buffaloairman on Today at 08:47:17 AM »
In a rare show of support from the Buffalo News, they ran an article on the 5th page of the sports section today announcing UB is moving forward with the field house. They expect to break ground this fall.

Interesting that UB elected not to hold a press conference to announce the project. The News speculates they wanted to stay out of the spotlight because of the cuts, but I think it might have been a great chance for some good news.

I'm sure people would still have complained about the cuts, but every time I hear someone complain about the cuts, the first thing I ask them is to tell me how many tickets they bought or how much money they donated to support any of the sports they can't stand to see cut... The answer is always the same. As usual, Buffalo only pays attention to UB when it's convenient and continues not to support it regularly - it's a shame!

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/23/ub-make-18-million-football-fieldhouse-reality/
General Discussion / Re: Indoor Practice facility
« Last post by RecoveringHillbilly on Yesterday at 08:36:40 PM »
http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/23/ub-make-18-million-football-fieldhouse-reality/

#2 most read story on BN site. UB has not made a big to-do just yet out of respect for the sensitivity of cutting sports who would have seen a benefit from an indoor facility. Plus, likely smart to hold off til next week with NHL draft fever hitting Buffalo for a few days.
« Last post by Sportsfan on Yesterday at 03:47:33 PM »
Anyone notice that there is no official announcement or direct quote from anyone directly associated with UB.  BizJournal is now official leak center.  TBN doesn't even mention it (Mark G.).  Lance has a lot of re-tweets.
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Re: New Court at Kent State
« Last post by HomeyG on Yesterday at 03:38:29 PM »
Celtics parquet floor?
« Last post by ChubbyHubby on Yesterday at 09:06:07 AM »
The alternating grain on that floor is going to give me a headache
For me, that's the best part about their design.
« Last post by RochBull on Yesterday at 09:05:46 AM »
Awesome news! I assume it will be available for the general student population for intramurals and pickup games too?
« Last post by 121Merrimac on June 22, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »
they must mean audio books ?!
« Last post by rma on June 22, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »
The alternating grain on that floor is going to give me a headache
« Last post by BullDangIt on June 22, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »
This sounds like good news.  I don't get why all the basketball fans are gripping about no track?
« Last post by ChubbyHubby on June 22, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »
^^+1^^
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10