Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Re: NBA
« Last post by guru on Today at 11:36:43 AM »
Totally agree ubbulls08. We are definitely recruiting and getting more talented and athletic players with this coaching staff. The potential of the incoming freshmen next year is off the charts and the recruits that Oats are looking at past next year is also off the charts. But this UB admin must sign Oats and staff to extensions. If not the whole program will blow up just like it did at Niagara and Canisius. We have gone to games at both and they lost their fan base along with their student fan base. As far as the NBA there are just too many very good players at the major schools all over the country for anyone from UB to have a chance. The percentage of players that make NBA teams from college is so minimal. Not to say that we don't have some great players but the odds are against them.
« Last post by Kevin on Today at 11:28:54 AM »
Nah, some professional talent, but not at the NBA level. If McCrea and Watt didn’t make it, nobody on this roster is close.

You really love Mitchell Watt. CJ and Harris >>>>> Watt and McCrea. Hence why this team is better than those teams.

You know they both played the same position and peaked on different seasons. This response just doesn’t make sense or is uniformed.

Not sure who you're talking to here, but both Watt and McCrea peaked as seniors. Both won MAC POY as Seniors, if my memory serves me.

The point is that we have two guys who are peaking together. If McCrea and Watt peaked together as Seniors, Buffalo would've won a title before Hurley. In fact, Hurley probably doesn't ever come to UB.

But Watt was sick, and so his development was slow, and McCrea really didn't come into his own until his Junior year (after Watt left.) The point, I think, is that we have better players now than we ever did, and they are establishing themselves earlier in their careers because they are more talented.

McCrea was great, don't get me wrong. And Watt is one of my all time favorite players. But UB is attracting another level of athlete now. And just wait until Jeenathan Williams and Ronaldo Segu arrive!

I used the quote function, so whom I was addressing shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

When Watt was a senior, McCrea was a soph, Titus Robinson was a senior. Watt and McCrea were maybe on the court together 20% of the time? So I was responding to the idea that one cannot say they were not better NBA prospects because they were an inferior team (they were), but they really weren’t on the same team. This team is better 2 thru end of the bench, not at 1, which would be your NBA prospect.

OK, enough of that...

Think of recent players not only at UB but the entire MAC.

DJ Cooper didn’t sniff the NBA, (I believe he has won a league MVP in Europe or Isreal, don’t care to look it up) Jimmy Hall either. Holmes from BG is the only one who made it in like 2 decades. Not trying to be a downer.

Now the freshman class next year... we will see, but I’m excited.

Current roster, there is something about Graves. Pogo sticks for legs, decent enough size if he improves his handle and FTs. I see a little Isaiah Thomas in him. We will see...

Teams that had Watt as a senior and McCrea as a sophomore, were not as good as this current team and specifically CJ/Harris, regardless of the positions they played. Harris and CJ have more NBA potential than Watt and McCrea had (at any point), and the main point is that they will get noticed more playing on a much better team (hopefully NCAAs). I have no idea how that's uniformed.

From what I hear from people who scout the NBA, Perkins has the most legit chance if he cleans up his Senior year. I don't think he has what it takes personally, but many say he has the size, range, and body type to make it.
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Re: Miami
« Last post by BullsFan14 on Today at 11:13:27 AM »
Let the guards control Ringo and Sibande on Miami (OH). We need a good showing from last years Defensive Player of the Year.

Unleash Perkins and Smart down low to exploit the weak forwards. Last time we played Miami, Harris lit it up with 23 points. 4/7 from 3 point land. Last game against BG he seemed off from 3 so I am expecting a rebound game.

Unfortunately, I see a similar trend happening for this game as we have the past 7. Miami (OH) playing after 4 losses and playing at home will not give up. I see UB having a 14 point lead at halftime and Miami coming back and making it close (within 6 or 8). UB will close it out though

Miami (OH)    81
UB                92
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Miami
« Last post by squire17 on Today at 10:41:35 AM »
Tonight’s game is huge! If the Bulls prevail, they are in the driver’s seat to finish first in regular season - locks up an NIT berth should they stumble in the MAC Tournament. Miami is licking its wounds after losing four straight (3 on the road and by six points at home against Toledo). Please don’t let this opponent hang around in this game. Come out with your guns blazing and put them out of their misery.
« Last post by squire17 on Today at 10:33:13 AM »
Justin Moss was pretty good too. Not saying he was NBA material, but he had a mean streak that a competitor needs sometimes.
« Last post by BullsFan14 on Today at 10:17:15 AM »
Nah, some professional talent, but not at the NBA level. If McCrea and Watt didn’t make it, nobody on this roster is close.

You really love Mitchell Watt. CJ and Harris >>>>> Watt and McCrea. Hence why this team is better than those teams.

You know they both played the same position and peaked on different seasons. This response just doesn’t make sense or is uniformed.

Not sure who you're talking to here, but both Watt and McCrea peaked as seniors. Both won MAC POY as Seniors, if my memory serves me.

The point is that we have two guys who are peaking together. If McCrea and Watt peaked together as Seniors, Buffalo would've won a title before Hurley. In fact, Hurley probably doesn't ever come to UB.

But Watt was sick, and so his development was slow, and McCrea really didn't come into his own until his Junior year (after Watt left.) The point, I think, is that we have better players now than we ever did, and they are establishing themselves earlier in their careers because they are more talented.

McCrea was great, don't get me wrong. And Watt is one of my all time favorite players. But UB is attracting another level of athlete now. And just wait until Jeenathan Williams and Ronaldo Segu arrive!

When Watt was a senior, McCrea was a soph, Titus Robinson was a senior. Watt and McCrea were maybe on the court together 20% of the time? So I was responding to the idea that one cannot say they were not better NBA prospects because they were an inferior team (they were), but they really weren’t on the same team. This team is better 2 thru end of the bench, not at 1, which would be your NBA prospect.

DJ Cooper didn’t sniff the NBA, (I believe he has won a league MVP in Europe or Isreal, don’t care to look it up) Jimmy Hall either. Holmes from BG is the only one who made it in like 2 decades. Not trying to be a downer.

MillenniumBull did you go to UB from 2010-2014? DJ Cooper was absolutely miserable to watch UB play against in 2011-2013. I am having flashbacks to when UB was up at Cleveland by around 13 or 14 in the 2011-2012 and DJ hit 3 consecutive 3's from 5 or 6 feet past the 3 point line.  :'(

Out of current roster, I think only Harris has a chance if he bulks up for next year. And it is a slim chance. BUT I will say that if Harris bulks up and continues play, I can see a case of MAC POY
« Last post by SGBull on Today at 08:56:05 AM »

I used the quote function, so whom I was addressing shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

OK, enough of that...

Current roster, there is something about Graves. Pogo sticks for legs, decent enough size if he improves his handle and FTs. I see a little Isaiah Thomas in him. We will see...

I didn't realize how few MAC players have been drafted, good point. It seems like the late 90's early 2000's were a prime time for MAC basketball (this was way before I became a fan). Kaman, Szczerbiak, Boykins, Wells, Newbie, and Mcdaniels were all solid NBA players. That being said, maybe some of our guys can go undrafted and get called up from the G-League. I believe a lot of the players on the roster are just as talented as Holmes and N'Dour.

I am also excited for next year's incoming freshman class. If we can keep Oats and his recruiting keeps trending up we could really turn into a mid-major power team that starts to produce some NBA talent.
« Last post by admin on Today at 08:43:21 AM »
Thomas Wilder from western Michigan is a projected 2nd rounder.
« Last post by MillenniumBull on Today at 12:00:50 AM »

OK, enough of that...

« Last post by admin on Yesterday at 11:40:01 PM »
McRea had more NBA potential than these guys. And McCrea was good all four years. I don’t think Perkins has a NBA position. CJ is not athletic enough. And his shooting motion is not what NBA scouts look for.  It’s a bit awkward and slow.   Harris is too small. He just doesn’t look like his frame can grow into an NBA body.

Actually from what I see, I think Jayvon Graves if he can play point and run pick and roll has a small chance. 

Back to McRea. He was a beast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10