Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Re: Bulls in Belfast
« Last post by kurtdahlberg93 on Yesterday at 08:23:44 PM »
Yes, good advice.  I did check the tour company and the price for me and my spouse to go would be around $3,000 for 4 days.  The tour price didn't include Airfare and their price for airfare was more per person by $125.  However, that may included one big piece of checked luggage and allow you to pick your seat.  Norwegian and Aer Linus use the same style of online booking process.  Yes, you will have to pay extra to pick your seat ($30.00) if you need to and for free you can bring on a small backpack/duffel bag and one carry on small piece of luggage, 11x22x6 - 21lbs. or some thing like that.  If you must pack a lot of stuff then you will have to check your bag (50 lbs) and that does cost probably $60.00.     

Planning your own trip is not for everyone, but I love to travel and plan trips and this is an easy one.  The tour company is a good deal if you just want to show up and don't have time to make plans. 

Go Bulls and See you in Belfast, UK. 

I did some research.  These are all direct flights.  If you live in New York City to Albany to Boston area you can fly out of Stewart Airport on Norwegian Airlines for $350.00 round trip to Dublin.  From the Dublin Airport there is a bus that goes directly to Belfast.  The Bus takes 2 hrs and brings you into the city center.  I believe it cost $50 round trip.   Also, You can fly from Providence, RI for $325.00 round trip on Norwegian.  Both these flights leave on Wednesday night, so it maybe possible to not miss a workday on Wednesday.  Stewart is a small airport and is easy to get in and out of, same with Providence. Also, From Hartford, CT you can fly Aer Lingus direct to Dublin round trip for $400.00. 

Est. cost to go for one person on the cheap.  flight & airport parking $400, Bus $50, Airbnb $200 (for 3 nights), food $160 ( $40 per day), Event pass/ticket is $36 US dollars for all games.  You can do this trip for $800.00 to $1,000.     

Temps should be around 50 degrees!

If you want to book on your own I would suggest checking with the tour company.  The trip includes tours, dinner on three nights in Belfast, tickets to the games and rooms at the team hotel.

Also check extra charges with Norwegian Air.  The flight does not include much including checked baggage, from what I remember from looking on their site.
Buffalo Bulls Football / Re: New Look for Temple
« Last post by rma on July 14, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
Not a huge fan, but I didn't like the old ones either.  The red ones and white ones look the best.  Not big on the grey or black.
Buffalo Bulls Football / Re: Branden Oliver
« Last post by verandaman on July 14, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »
Indeed...I might even break down and go to a Bulls...er, Bills game.
« Last post by UB77 on July 14, 2018, 09:35:40 AM »
It's interesting that with the evolution of the uniform, the corporate logo is now as large as the conference logo. I wonder how far away we are from the corporations getting rid of the middlemen and just having their own conferences. Instead on the Big 10 and the PAC 10 in the Rose Bowl, it'll be Nike vs Under Armour in the 'Granddaddy of them all'.
Buffalo Bulls Football / Branden Oliver
« Last post by UB77 on July 14, 2018, 09:32:27 AM »
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/07/bills-interested-branden-oliver

I don't know how healthy BO is but it would be nice if he could finish out his football career with a few good seasons in Western New York.
I did some research.  These are all direct flights.  If you live in New York City to Albany to Boston area you can fly out of Stewart Airport on Norwegian Airlines for $350.00 round trip to Dublin.  From the Dublin Airport there is a bus that goes directly to Belfast.  The Bus takes 2 hrs and brings you into the city center.  I believe it cost $50 round trip.   Also, You can fly from Providence, RI for $325.00 round trip on Norwegian.  Both these flights leave on Wednesday night, so it maybe possible to not miss a workday on Wednesday.  Stewart is a small airport and is easy to get in and out of, same with Providence. Also, From Hartford, CT you can fly Aer Lingus direct to Dublin round trip for $400.00. 

Est. cost to go for one person on the cheap.  flight & airport parking $400, Bus $50, Airbnb $200 (for 3 nights), food $160 ( $40 per day), Event pass/ticket is $36 US dollars for all games.  You can do this trip for $800.00 to $1,000.     

Temps should be around 50 degrees!
« Last post by verandaman on July 13, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »
As I throw myself in front of the train...…………

I do not get the infatuation with the "new look(s)".  I just like the old football game.  They could run around in old rags or undies for all I care; just play good football.

Oh bother...I need a rest now :-)
Buffalo Bulls Football / New Look for Temple
« Last post by BrooklynBull on July 13, 2018, 08:13:26 AM »
Multiple new looks for Temple football.

http://footballscoop.com/news/temple-breaks-tuff-new-uniforms/

Wonder how fashion conscious mh55 is.
Buffalo Bulls Basketball / Re: 2018 - 2019 Roster - Looking Forward
« Last post by 121Merrimac on July 12, 2018, 09:47:17 PM »
Good post BasketBull...

imo, it's a real shame that because Kevin edited his first comment in this thread, months after initially posting it, a similar comparison can't be done with his thoughts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10