As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Akron Zips tonight?? Bueller...Bueller  (Read 15943 times)

March 05, 2014, 12:30:03 PM
Reply #45

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Akron Zips tonight?? Bueller...Bueller
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
No, definitely not an NBA fan.

ubxcretired & BCBull,
So apparently "GoZips" on zipsnation has been holding a grudge over McCrea ever since we ended Akron's winning streak last year and knocked them out of the top 25. He claims that in that game McCrea punched Kretzer in the kidneys and got away with it. There's no video of it, there was no foul called, nobody remembers it, and nobody else on Zipsnation made a big deal about it. Now he is back and still complaining about it since McCrea is the obvious choice for MAC POY.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

March 06, 2014, 02:13:39 PM
Reply #46

DCA

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
    • /sp/
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
I'm always calling for Nuiriankh to get more PT. It took a 25 foul game for Hurley to play more than 8 players. Even so, the ESPN box score shows Nuiriankh as having played zero minutes yet committing two fouls. Is that accurate?
#MACsketball / #MACtion - Twitter / IG / Tumblr / Last.fm - Class of '12, B.A., Magna Cum Laude

March 06, 2014, 02:17:51 PM
Reply #47

UB_dropout

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »
I'm always calling for Nuiriankh to get more PT. It took a 25 foul game for Hurley to play more than 8 players. Even so, the ESPN box score shows Nuiriankh as having played zero minutes yet committing two fouls. Is that accurate?

I am not going to go digging for stats, but I am sure AN has had minutes in at least 2 games this year, including last night.

It sticks with me when I hear the out of town announcers try to pronounce his name.

March 06, 2014, 03:21:46 PM
Reply #48

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 03:21:46 PM »
That contact at 2:17 wasn't even involving Javon.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

March 06, 2014, 03:46:20 PM
Reply #49

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
Where did it go?? It was here and now it's gone! I watched the video and I need to point this out. The entire argument has been Akron fans saying that they would never vote for Javon McCrea because he is a “thug” and pulled a “cheap shot” and a “kidney shot” to Kretzer in the video which clearly shows an off-ball screen that might even be perfectly legal. This is all coming from AKRON FANS.

AKRON! The school that produced Alex Abreu (aka “Tiki Mayben Light”) – who was arrested and plead guilty to selling weed last year. One of the Akron fans said he saw Abreu in a bar recently and he still “hasn’t learned his lesson”.

AKRON! The school that currently has Nick Harney on the roster who was suspended for the 3rd time this year, this time indefinitely (but we all knew he’d be back!), for “conduct detrimental to the team”. One Akron poster said he knew why Harney was suspended and despite not divulging the reason said that “Nick needs to straighten his life out”.

AKRON! The school that currently has Quincy Diggs on their roster. A guy who was suspended in 2012 for throwing a plate at his girlfriend’s head and smacking her in the face at a nightclub. No charges were filed but there are police reports.

AKRON! The school that won last year with Chauncey Gilliam. A guy who was just arrested this past week for hazing students at an Akron University fraternity, despite graduating from the school last year. The report said that he “paddled pledges until their buttocks became infected”.

And here’s the kicker:

AKRON! The school that currently has Demetrius Treadwell on their roster – you know the guy that they claim should have MACPOY honors over Javon McCrea because they claim McCrea is a “thug”. Well, Treadwell was arrested in 2011 when got drunk at a bar at 2am and “punched a disc jockey in the head and body”. Here are some very “classy” quotes from the police report about our classy Akron MACPOY candidate:
As officers approached the two men, Treadwell tried to get away inside the crowded bar, became “extremely hostile” and had to be “taken to the ground and handcuffed,” the report stated
…at one point after being handcuffed, Treadwell continued to scream obscenities,” the police report stated.

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

March 06, 2014, 03:59:32 PM
Reply #50

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »

It is the next play after that that involves McCrae.

March 06, 2014, 04:22:42 PM
Reply #51

BCBull

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »

I am not going to go digging for stats, but I am sure AN has had minutes in at least 2 games this year, including last night.

It sticks with me when I hear the out of town announcers try to pronounce his name.

He's seen time in the last 4 and 9 in MAC play total, though the last time he got over ten minutes was the second NIU game.

When he's gotten in this year, he really hasn't shown anything that he should be above someone else, other than a few spurts. The most obvious guy to steal some minutes from at this point is Moss, but he has played very, very well. The only other games he got 10+ minutes were WV Wesleyan - 0 points - and Texas A&M - 0 points, 4 fouls.

The two fouls in under a minute from Akron is accurate, yes.

Again with that name.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:37:56 PM by BCBull »
Great are the deeds yet to be written in the Annals of the Armies of the Tribe of Buffalo.

March 06, 2014, 05:42:46 PM
Reply #52

PittBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
  • 2014-2015 and Reigning 3B Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/51618/auraum-nuiriankh

Majority of games, in fact.

To address the initial question, ESPN does whatever rounding they need to get 200 minutes total, which leads to 2 PFs in 0 minutes.

March 06, 2014, 09:54:22 PM
Reply #53

BrazenBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • Flecking Casual
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »

He's seen time in the last 4 and 9 in MAC play total, though the last time he got over ten minutes was the second NIU game.

When he's gotten in this year, he really hasn't shown anything that he should be above someone else, other than a few spurts. The most obvious guy to steal some minutes from at this point is Moss, but he has played very, very well. The only other games he got 10+ minutes were WV Wesleyan - 0 points - and Texas A&M - 0 points, 4 fouls.

The two fouls in under a minute from Akron is accurate, yes.

Again with that name.

McCrea, McCrae, McRae, McKray. dflfkjjzdzlfkd

February 27, 2018, 08:21:44 PM
Reply #54

yussi1870

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »
Let's go New York!
Let's go New York!
Let's go New York!
It's too bad this game isn't at AA. I have figured out the diabolical cleverness of True Blue's reverse psychology. Instead of chanting the expected "Let's go New York" at home games they have been using archaic chants. Like the raucous rendition of "Let's go Buffalo!" at the Miami game. Then the passé but boisterous "Let's go UB!". This throws the opposition for a loop. The TV media, the coaches, the excuse for a Sports department of the local rag all are in cahoots. Akron is shaking. When will thee New York unleash the nuclear option? I say keep them off guard until the NCAAs when the four seed has been duped into believing it will never be used...and then the crescendo will beguilingly unnerve them!
LET'S GO NEW YORK!!!

Glad that for tonight's game we've stopped chanting Lets Go New York. That was awful!

February 27, 2018, 10:10:33 PM
Reply #55

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »
Glad that for tonight's game we've stopped chanting Lets Go New York. That was awful!

The fact that "New York" doesn't rhyme as well as "Buffalo" in True Blue chants is probably the most logical argument against NYBI ever made.

March 01, 2018, 10:31:52 AM
Reply #56

ubfan75

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »

The fact that "New York" doesn't rhyme as well as "Buffalo" in True Blue chants is probably the most logical argument against NYBI ever made.
“Let’s FLY, NYBI!”?

This site is READ ONLY