As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Departure Coming in UB Front Office  (Read 17654 times)

November 13, 2015, 12:40:50 PM
Reply #15

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Departure Coming in UB Front Office
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
http://collegead.com/university-central-florida-29/

White to UCF

Ugh....I guess I won't rip TBN.

This would be terrible for our entire program if White were to leave. He must be so frustrated having to deal with the anti-NYBI folks and SUNY officials.
If he were to leave, I don't think it means he's frustrated.  Just like the AD before him and some successful coaches we've had, UB is a springboard to (perceived) bigger and better things.

Is UCF really bigger and better things? If it is, he's really failed with his NYBI push.
I agree, he did fail with NYBI push

I don't think White has done that great of job, in my opinion
I guess you are happy with UB always being crappy? God forbid anyone move the program into the 21st century. Well you'll all get your wish. Maybe we can hire Reggie back too? How about dropping back to the carefree D3 level? This is why this school will never amount to anything athletically. Between SUNY bureaucracy and the dinosaur mentality of some alums, no good AD in their right mind would take this job. All they would have to do is see how DW was treated.

I'm sure DW won't have people crying that there's no "Orlando" in UCF.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:46:02 PM by promotherobot »

November 14, 2015, 01:03:36 AM
Reply #16

rma

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 01:03:36 AM »

What makes you think that? The increased number of Championships across the department?
I think we should rehire all of our former coaches back.  Yay for settling for mediocrity!!
So, thunder through, Go Blue! Give a Cheer, never fear!

November 14, 2015, 09:37:55 AM
Reply #17

BRJACR75

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »

What makes you think that? The increased number of Championships across the department?
I think we should rehire all of our former coaches back.  Yay for settling for mediocrity!!

I don't know about you, but I'd take this again….and White had nothing to do with this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_j4TTLaA6A

November 15, 2015, 12:17:45 PM
Reply #18

rma

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 12:17:45 PM »

I don't know about you, but I'd take this again….and White had nothing to do with this

If you're talking about Turner Gill, that is about as relevant as me bringing in Bobby Hurley into this.  Both coaches left for bigger schools after winning a MAC Championship.  Although if you're talking about winning MAC Championships in general (which is a legitimate point), we won 3 in the last school year and there's another one on the line in 45 minutes.
So, thunder through, Go Blue! Give a Cheer, never fear!

November 15, 2015, 01:24:36 PM
Reply #19

BRJACR75

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »

If you're talking about Turner Gill, that is about as relevant as me bringing in Bobby Hurley into this.  Both coaches left for bigger schools after winning a MAC Championship.  Although if you're talking about winning MAC Championships in general (which is a legitimate point), we won 3 in the last school year and there's another one on the line in 45 minutes.

Sorry but there's two sports that most of us will agree are driving the bus when it comes to athletics, football and men's basketball.  In the case of those two sports, White and his predecessor both have 1 MAC Championship each. 

November 16, 2015, 02:02:48 PM
Reply #20

BCBull

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

Look what happened to the WVB, lost the head coach to WVU, hires the volunteer, allegedly passed on many other coaches. Last year, 17 wins, now 7 . By the way, not like White brought this program from the dead, WM did a good job and the reason why he is at UCONN.

You obviously know nothing about the circumstances surrounding Volleyball over the past twelve months beyond what you've said here. BBL has done a tremendous job with huge turnover on the roster, and in MAC play has in fact matched the best season in program history while forced to use more freshmen than any other team in the department.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:04:55 PM by BCBull »
Great are the deeds yet to be written in the Annals of the Armies of the Tribe of Buffalo.

November 17, 2015, 11:58:05 AM
Reply #21

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 11:58:05 AM »
I love this. Dude hasn't posted in 10 years and comes back to ubfan specifically to bash Danny White based entirely on 1 season of volleyball results.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

November 17, 2015, 01:41:55 PM
Reply #22

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 01:41:55 PM »
7 Win Coach, put her in the AVCA Hall of Fame already

Pretty sure, Danny White is leaving Buffalo

http://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2015/11/danny-white-to-interview-for-ucf-opening

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

November 17, 2015, 03:50:46 PM
Reply #23

BCBull

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 03:50:46 PM »

Look what happened to the WVB, lost the head coach to WVU, hires the volunteer, allegedly passed on many other coaches. Last year, 17 wins, now 7 . By the way, not like White brought this program from the dead, WM did a good job and the reason why he is at UCONN.

You obviously know nothing about the circumstances surrounding Volleyball over the past twelve months beyond what you've said here. BBL has done a tremendous job with huge turnover on the roster, and in MAC play has in fact matched the best season in program history while forced to use more freshmen than any other team in the department.
7 Win Coach, put her in the AVCA Hall of Fame already

Pretty sure, Danny White is leaving Buffalo

http://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2015/11/danny-white-to-interview-for-ucf-opening

Tell me something I didn't write for Bull Run a full 24 hours plus before The Spectrum got to it

As I said, if you're judging BBL based only on total wins and losses this season you have no clue. I judge her by the MAC schedule only as she's had as successful a season as the program's ever had with the youngest roster in program history, made younger still by injuries. I was ready to hate the BBL hire and I'm someone who actually follows these programs beyond wins and losses but she's exceeded expectations and delivered clear improvement over the course of the season.
Great are the deeds yet to be written in the Annals of the Armies of the Tribe of Buffalo.

November 18, 2015, 08:34:49 AM
Reply #24

enrique14150

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 08:34:49 AM »
I don't want to spend time and energy re-hashing arguments on here that are played out.

I'm ecstatic that White is gone.  I don't think anyone should be all that surprised how this went, guys like him and Hurley were always going to be here only until the next opportunity came along.

November 18, 2015, 10:23:58 AM
Reply #25

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »
I'm ecstatic that White is gone.  I don't think anyone should be all that surprised how this went, guys like him and Hurley were always going to be here only until the next opportunity came along.

Thanks to people like you who continue to think this institution is a small, local, private school in Buffalo.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

November 18, 2015, 01:00:21 PM
Reply #26

enrique14150

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »
Thanks to people like you who continue to think this institution is a small, local, private school in Buffalo.

Ha, I love when people proclaim that their idea of progress is the only acceptable idea for Progress! - and if you disagree, you're against any kind of advancement or embetterment.  In the same way that many conservatives think that if you don't buy into their idea of America you're anti-American, or how many liberals think that if you disagreed with Obamacare you were against poor people and sick people.  I want a better University at Buffalo school and athletic program like anyone else, I just vehemently disagreed with Danny White's ideas for doing so.  What he wanted to do didn't represent the only way to go forward, and opposing those ideas never meant I (or his other critics) am against progress.

November 18, 2015, 01:50:46 PM
Reply #27

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »

Ha, I love when people proclaim that their idea of progress is the only acceptable idea for Progress! - and if you disagree, you're against any kind of advancement or embetterment.  In the same way that many conservatives think that if you don't buy into their idea of America you're anti-American, or how many liberals think that if you disagreed with Obamacare you were against poor people and sick people.  I want a better University at Buffalo school and athletic program like anyone else, I just vehemently disagreed with Danny White's ideas for doing so.  What he wanted to do didn't represent the only way to go forward, and opposing those ideas never meant I (or his other critics) am against progress.

His ideas were something new.  I have seen all different types of marketing for UB since the mid 1970s.  Despite the efforts of many good people UB was not increasing revenues or visibility.  White tried a new way to do both and on some level succeeded in both.

November 18, 2015, 02:02:34 PM
Reply #28

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 02:02:34 PM »

So what is your alternative? what would you do, which has not been done, to increase funding, and media presence for UB?
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

November 18, 2015, 02:29:53 PM
Reply #29

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »
Ha, I love when people proclaim that their idea of progress is the only acceptable idea for Progress! - and if you disagree, you're against any kind of advancement or embetterment.  In the same way that many conservatives think that if you don't buy into their idea of America you're anti-American, or how many liberals think that if you disagreed with Obamacare you were against poor people and sick people.  I want a better University at Buffalo school and athletic program like anyone else, I just vehemently disagreed with Danny White's ideas for doing so.  What he wanted to do didn't represent the only way to go forward, and opposing those ideas never meant I (or his other critics) am against progress.

We are the only PUBLIC STATE school in the entire country that has local fans that insist the school doesn't need to represent anyone from outside of its city's boundaries. That is offensive to people like me who grew up in areas like Albany and are told that we didn't attend a New York school, we attended a Buffalo school. I'm all for local pride but at this point it's doing more harm than good. You want to speak about "brands"? This is like owning the rights to the name Coca Cola, but refusing it out of pride in your current name, "Steve's Brown Drink". If you want to claim you're progressive then stop being so afraid of change. The current branding isn't working and the worst part is that it will never grow outside of WNY. As long as we're called "Buffalo" people in the rest of New York state will continue to ignore us, and people in the rest of the country will continue saying things like, "Khalil Mack and Bobby Hurley came from a small school". It doesn't matter how much we win, that is the perception of Buffalo. If we have larger aspirations as a program then we need to expand our presence and improve our image outside of WNY - especially since we are competing with the NFL and NHL there. If you have a better way to do that outside of simply calling ourselves what we are - "New York", then I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:31:28 PM by clodney »

This site is READ ONLY