As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: 2016 Schedule  (Read 5366 times)

January 11, 2016, 04:41:21 PM
Read 5366 times

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
2016 Schedule
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »
The home and away MAC schedule is set, ALbany and MAC dates to be announced later.

At Nevada 9-17-16
Army 9-24-16
At Boston College 10-1-16

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:50:55 PM by BrooklynBull »

January 11, 2016, 08:34:57 PM
Reply #1

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Albany. AGAIN. We are the only FBS school in the country trying to build a rivalry with a freaking FCS school. I hate it.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

January 12, 2016, 08:41:49 AM
Reply #2

BullsFanInChiTown

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
Albany. AGAIN. We are the only FBS school in the country trying to build a rivalry with a freaking FCS school. I hate it.

pretty much.

If our games vs Albany (or any FCS school) ever become a "rivalry" we got problems. These games should never be competitive enough to become a rivalry.

January 12, 2016, 11:28:14 AM
Reply #3

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:14 AM »
To be honest, if we get to count one game a year as a win by playing an FCS, then let's make sure it is a winnable FCS.  None of this planning North Dakota State or something like that...where you pay them to come in to your building and they beat you.

I like our chances in our six home games.  We could be favorites in all of them...depending on how the season plays out.
The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

January 12, 2016, 11:53:02 AM
Reply #4

markchicago

• Information
  • First Year Starter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »
so much predicting our wins and loses without knowing our quarterback and yet to be determined positions---We clearly have winnable games and the hope for an improved season  this  is a fair schedule

when do we see the recruiting class

go bulls

January 12, 2016, 12:18:52 PM
Reply #5

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »
National Signing Day is Wednesday, 2/3
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

January 12, 2016, 12:23:14 PM
Reply #6

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »
To be honest, if we get to count one game a year as a win by playing an FCS, then let's make sure it is a winnable FCS.  None of this planning North Dakota State or something like that...where you pay them to come in to your building and they beat you.

"Winnable"? I think you meant "guaranteed win". We should expect to beat every FCS school, even if it is NDSU, but I know what you mean. It wasn't long ago that we were losing to schools like Colgate and Fordham. This is exactly why I think we shouldn't play any FCS schools at all unless we are absolutely stuck without an FBS option. Do you want to know how Syracuse maintains the perception that they have a better football team than UB? They don't play us. They don't give us the opportunity to even share the field with them and to the common half-a$$ college football fan they are automatically the better team simply because they play in the stronger conference. Why are we then playing the Albanys of the world? All it does is perpetuate the idea that we are at the same level as them, regardless of whether or not we beat them by 50.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

January 12, 2016, 03:22:19 PM
Reply #7

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »

"Winnable"? I think you meant "guaranteed win". We should expect to beat every FCS school, even if it is NDSU, but I know what you mean. It wasn't long ago that we were losing to schools like Colgate and Fordham. This is exactly why I think we shouldn't play any FCS schools at all unless we are absolutely stuck without an FBS option. Do you want to know how Syracuse maintains the perception that they have a better football team than UB? They don't play us. They don't give us the opportunity to even share the field with them and to the common half-a$$ college football fan they are automatically the better team simply because they play in the stronger conference. Why are we then playing the Albanys of the world? All it does is perpetuate the idea that we are at the same level as them, regardless of whether or not we beat them by 50.

That's the downside (in bold).  The upside is a win that could get us to a bowl game.   I agree, however, that I'd rather not play FCS.  But if we do play an FCS, bottom-feeders only.

The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

January 12, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
Reply #8

uberie

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »

Playing down a game or 2 is totally normal in OOC for all schools...

Alabama 2016 OOC?.....
Chattanooga Mocs   (FCS)
Kent State
Western Kentucy

I don't think anyone thinks they are on the same level as Chattanooga

January 13, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
Reply #9

UBFan99

• Information
  • Four Year Starter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »

Playing down a game or 2 is totally normal in OOC for all schools...

Alabama 2016 OOC?.....
Chattanooga Mocs   (FCS)
Kent State
Western Kentucy

I don't think anyone thinks they are on the same level as Chattanooga

My alma mater, UNC has two FCS games AGAIN this fall. It's too much. One is fine, but they are crazy doing two again, it was their biggest knock late in the season.

January 14, 2016, 02:46:08 PM
Reply #10

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 02:46:08 PM »

Twice in a row is not a rivalry, it's a cheap game to buy. Now Temple and Villinova had a freaking trophy game!
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

This site is READ ONLY