As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: UB Rebranding  (Read 23141 times)

April 12, 2016, 03:20:52 PM
Reply #15

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: UB Rebranding
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 03:20:52 PM »
LOVE the new look! I understand what the "New York" thing was trying to do, but it always seemed a bit half-baked.

Hopefully this attracts back some of the alums that Danny pissed off.

Which is why #NYBI was doomed from the start. Tepid half-measures when full ones were required. Like Clodney said, Buffalo can take pride in the name on the chests of the teams they will continue to ignore. Think small, be small.

April 12, 2016, 03:33:28 PM
Reply #16

C-Squared

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Skaliveson7
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 03:33:28 PM »

Which is why #NYBI was doomed from the start. Tepid half-measures when full ones were required. Like Clodney said, Buffalo can take pride in the name on the chests of the teams they will continue to ignore. Think small, be small.

Nailed it. Couldn't be more disappointed with this move.

April 12, 2016, 04:36:22 PM
Reply #17

myBuffalo

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »
Love and always loved the interlocking UB.
I am a little cool on the script Buffalo as well I am cool to the Bulls head - hopefully it will grow on me. Overall they could be wearing polka-dots as long as they win on the field or court or pool or mat or track, I'm happy. Once the new gear comes around I will be picking up some new items - my kids are growing.
Lets Go Buffalo!

April 12, 2016, 05:06:59 PM
Reply #18

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
I'll believe it when the media (local and national), the coaches, and the cheering section get on board. Oh, wait...

April 12, 2016, 05:17:09 PM
Reply #19

JoeyRattlesnake

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »
Kudos to the University recognizing a mistake and having the gall to fix it.  We are the University at Buffalo.  We are located in Buffalo.  We are UB.  Be proud of that and don't muddy it up with Buffalo along the ticker, with NY on the field / court and across our chests.  #UBHornsUP

April 13, 2016, 10:00:57 AM
Reply #20

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »
LOVE the new look! I understand what the "New York" thing was trying to do, but it always seemed a bit half-baked.

Hopefully this attracts back some of the alums that Danny pissed off.
You got one back.

Should I go and do what you did then and stop supporting the school because it no longer directly represents me? That's pathetic.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

April 13, 2016, 10:44:55 AM
Reply #21

SGBull

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:55 AM »
While I do not think it was executed perfectly, I had no problem with featuring New York. Attendance numbers were poor when Buffalo was featured and they only got better the last 3-4 years. Yes, winning most likely had a large effect on this, but if the local community supported the school more than the change might have never been made. It looked like that the Buffalo community seemed to forget that they also live in New York State..... Do you think think that Chapel Hill residents are upset that they are known as UNC? Do State College residents refuse to go watch Penn State games? I could go on and on with examples. Bottom line is that winning is the most important factor, but if changing the branding from the name of the city to the name of the state forces you to stop supporting the team, then I question your loyalty in the first place.

April 13, 2016, 01:13:54 PM
Reply #22

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 01:13:54 PM »
First look at a hat:

April 13, 2016, 05:13:49 PM
Reply #23

uberie

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 05:13:49 PM »
Although the new logo, etc. are good, I must say I do like the the old full body Blue Bull logo.     I wish that was still a secondary logo.   The new seems like it will be pretty plain for marketing and eye catching uses.  But overall, its good to see a real planned strategy for the whole school

April 14, 2016, 09:29:05 AM
Reply #24

JoeyRattlesnake

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Although the new logo, etc. are good, I must say I do like the the old full body Blue Bull logo.     I wish that was still a secondary logo.   The new seems like it will be pretty plain for marketing and eye catching uses.  But overall, its good to see a real planned strategy for the whole school

Hey they gotta make money someway... now we all need to buy new merch...

April 14, 2016, 09:33:38 AM
Reply #25

JoeyRattlesnake

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »
While I do not think it was executed perfectly, I had no problem with featuring New York. Attendance numbers were poor when Buffalo was featured and they only got better the last 3-4 years. Yes, winning most likely had a large effect on this, but if the local community supported the school more than the change might have never been made. It looked like that the Buffalo community seemed to forget that they also live in New York State..... Do you think think that Chapel Hill residents are upset that they are known as UNC? Do State College residents refuse to go watch Penn State games? I could go on and on with examples. Bottom line is that winning is the most important factor, but if changing the branding from the name of the city to the name of the state forces you to stop supporting the team, then I question your loyalty in the first place.

No offense... but the UNC / Chapel Hill argument is not relevant.  I live in Knoxville, TN and work in Greensboro, NC (1 hour from Chapel Hill) about half my time.  If there was a "North Carolina City" that was world famous... then your argument makes sense.  If you say "NEW YORK", no one, and I mean no one, thinks of the state; it's immediately the city that comes to mind.  Having been down south for nearly a decade now, it's one of the toughest things I've fought.  If I say I'm from New York (Rochester), it then takes a 20 minutes conversation to explain why I don't sound like it, why I'm not unbelievably wound up or how do I know what countryside, vineyards and farms look, smell and feel like.  So while I get your point... it's a apples vs. oranges.

Go Bulls.

April 14, 2016, 10:09:06 AM
Reply #26

SGBull

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »
That is a good point. Is using NC State or FSU a better example? I know there isn't a Florida City or North Carolina City, but our logo said State University of New York. Ideally, I would want it to be NYSU. My point was people from Buffalo should be proud that their university represents the state as a whole instead of being offended that it does not emphasize Buffalo.

April 14, 2016, 10:51:21 AM
Reply #27

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 10:51:21 AM »
That is a good point. Is using NC State or FSU a better example? I know there isn't a Florida City or North Carolina City, but our logo said State University of New York. Ideally, I would want it to be NYSU. My point was people from Buffalo should be proud that their university represents the state as a whole instead of being offended that it does not emphasize Buffalo.

Florida City, Florida http://www.floridacityfl.us/

April 14, 2016, 02:10:39 PM
Reply #28

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 02:10:39 PM »
But, when people from outside of Florida hear "Florida", nobody thinks Florida City.  Berserk makes the exact point that I've made since we put the "paragraph logo" on everything.   
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

April 14, 2016, 02:57:48 PM
Reply #29

BRJACR75

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
But, when people from outside of Florida hear "Florida", nobody thinks Florida City.  Berserk makes the exact point that I've made since we put the "paragraph logo" on everything.

I think it was JoeyRattlesnake.

This site is READ ONLY