As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Miami's New Faciliities  (Read 7718 times)

January 12, 2017, 11:43:08 PM
Read 7718 times

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

January 13, 2017, 07:33:17 AM
Reply #1

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Miami's New Faciliities
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 07:33:17 AM »
Another public state school doing big things with facilities. Can anyone figure out how they're paying for this and why we can't do the same?
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

January 13, 2017, 09:00:52 AM
Reply #2

BullDangIt

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
These look pretty nice.  UB needs stuff like this to get good recruts.

January 13, 2017, 01:44:11 PM
Reply #3

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »
These look pretty nice.  UB needs stuff like this to get good recruts.

Another public state school doing big things with facilities. Can anyone figure out how they're paying for this and why we can't do the same?

It will be called the "MACK" center, once Khalil Mack gets his second contract.  And it will be where the real MACKTION happens.  Trademark.

The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

January 13, 2017, 11:32:45 PM
Reply #4

SouthernBull

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:32:45 PM »
Meh. Nothing thrilling. The player's lounge looks kinda of lame but the hot tubs look nice. I don't think it would sway a recruit from Toledo or Western. BTW the barber shop is a waste of space. That will hardly be used

January 19, 2017, 09:46:02 AM
Reply #5

JoeyRattlesnake

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »
Meh. Nothing thrilling. The player's lounge looks kinda of lame but the hot tubs look nice. I don't think it would sway a recruit from Toledo or Western. BTW the barber shop is a waste of space. That will hardly be used

Nothing thrilling?  Look what we just built... it's no comparison.  In hindsight, this Murhcie Family Center is a joke.  We have no support, no funds and no chance of ever being anything more than a mid-major program that once every 10 years might make a bowl.  It's sad.

http://www.bullsblueandwhite.com/index.php/capital-projects/football-headquarters

January 19, 2017, 10:48:37 AM
Reply #6

SouthernBull

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »

Nothing thrilling?  Look what we just built... it's no comparison.  In hindsight, this Murhcie Family Center is a joke.  We have no support, no funds and no chance of ever being anything more than a mid-major program that once every 10 years might make a bowl.  It's sad.

http://www.bullsblueandwhite.com/index.php/capital-projects/football-headquarters

oh goodness.  What a boring exterior.  I wasn't even aware that building existed. I thought they just revamped the locker room and offices under the stands.  We have the second largest student enrollment in the MAC and UB is in the largest city of all MAC teams.  We surely can do better than this but as you stated above we have no funds for improvements.  I am a little fuzzy on UB2020 but can anyone share what happened to that initiative?

January 19, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
Reply #7

BullDangIt

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
I think it is right that the barber shop will not get used too much at Miami.  I think our photos are nice though, and I am glad the coaches have nice offices.

January 19, 2017, 12:22:34 PM
Reply #8

BRJACR75

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »

oh goodness.  What a boring exterior.  I wasn't even aware that building existed. I thought they just revamped the locker room and offices under the stands.  We have the second largest student enrollment in the MAC and UB is in the largest city of all MAC teams.  We surely can do better than this but as you stated above we have no funds for improvements.  I am a little fuzzy on UB2020 but can anyone share what happened to that initiative?

UB2020, basically got blown up at the eleventh hour when the other University Centers (Albany, Binghamton, and Stony Brook and NYS Politicians) saw what UB was going to get and started screaming "What about us"  even though they didnt do any of their own legwork.  So in the inept way that this State always does everything, they all settled for a bastardized version, called SUNY2020, and is basically  10% of what UB was going for. 

So any athletic improvement plans that originally part of the UB2020 plan (included a fieldhouse), while it may still exist in theory as a building project, those have been pushed to the very bottom of the list, almost to the point of pipedream.

January 19, 2017, 12:48:17 PM
Reply #9

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 12:48:17 PM »
The plan for the exterior is for pictures of some sort to be on the outside walls in each panel.  The offices / classrooms on the inside are actually pretty nice. 
As far as the barber chair, I think you'd be surprised as to how much it will get used.  Haircuts are a fairly regular thing for the players, by the players.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

January 19, 2017, 01:37:59 PM
Reply #10

zigo230

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »
I'd be all in on Miami (OH).  Those are some sweet facilities...great looking hot tubs.

January 19, 2017, 04:09:51 PM
Reply #11

SouthernBull

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 04:09:51 PM »

UB2020, basically got blown up at the eleventh hour when the other University Centers (Albany, Binghamton, and Stony Brook and NYS Politicians) saw what UB was going to get and started screaming "What about us"  even though they didnt do any of their own legwork.  So in the inept way that this State always does everything, they all settled for a bastardized version, called SUNY2020, and is basically  10% of what UB was going for. 

So any athletic improvement plans that originally part of the UB2020 plan (included a fieldhouse), while it may still exist in theory as a building project, those have been pushed to the very bottom of the list, almost to the point of pipedream.

Thanks for sharing.  That's terrible what happened. I assume the upgrades that Stonybrook is getting right now is the SUNY2020 stuff.   It's been almost 20 years of talk regarding building the field house. Such a bummer  :(

January 20, 2017, 08:59:13 AM
Reply #12

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »
I'd be all in on Miami (OH).  Those are some sweet facilities...great looking hot tubs.
I'm not able to open the video of the Miami complex, but you mention Hot tubs.  My guess is they're actually cold plunges.  Our training room at UB was updated a couple of years back and it is state of the art, including cold plunges for players to use after workouts and treatment.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

January 20, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
Reply #13

UBFan99

• Information
  • Four Year Starter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 11:55:00 AM »
If you think the barber shop won't get used, you know nothing about the types of dudes who play college football. They get those fresh cuts as often as possible. That thing will be used daily.

January 20, 2017, 05:40:53 PM
Reply #14

BullDangIt

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
Maybe they should spend less of there time trying to look good, and spend more of there time trying to play good.

This site is READ ONLY