As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: UB/Niagara women's game  (Read 2448 times)

December 19, 2017, 12:24:57 PM
Read 2448 times

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
UB/Niagara women's game
« on: December 19, 2017, 12:24:57 PM »
A very bad loss by UB!!! The Buffalo News did not tell the whole story of the game. In a long season you are preobably going to get games like this.We were at the game and there was not one positive to take from the game except maybe a big learning experience and a lot of humble pie from the players and coaches. Was the team reading all their press clippings about how good they were??? We came out with no intensity or passion not only from the players but coaches as well. Our 3 pt shooting- 1 for 17?? and free throw shooting have been terrible and when you have games like that you will not even beat teams that are inferior to you. No defense, no rebounding, no intensity, many turnovers with sloppy ball handling, slow ball movement, getting beat to rebounds. A 8-1 team against a 1-8 team????? Niagara has two very good players who had great games: Rampado and Stroemple. Niagara made 20 of 21 free throws. and constantly got the ball inside with no UB double teaming or back side help. Coach Jack finally lit into the team with about 2 minutes to go!! Way too late to change the momentum. When you win and say a good team win the same can be said in a loss - A team loss by alll involved.  If they play even close to this against St. John's it could be an ugly game. On the positive side it is just one game and we will be supporting the team going forward. Go Bulls!!!

December 19, 2017, 01:49:15 PM
Reply #1

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
Re: UB/Niagara women's game
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »
Excellent observations. Last night was a huge let down game where the team at least and maybe the coaches thought they could show up, ties their laces and win. It doesn't work that way. Hopefully the lesson has been learned.

December 19, 2017, 07:15:51 PM
Reply #2

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »
I agree whole-heartedly.  When you say that Coach Jack lit into them, you aren't kidding.  We were sitting straight behind the bench and she looked like she was possessed.  It was completely justified.  I mentioned on another thread (maybe another blog, I'm not sure), that the only team worse than the ladies in blue last night, was the team in stripes.  One of the female officials in particular was so deliberate in her calls against UB, it was sickening.  We pulled to within 4 points in the second half and she seemingly fabricated 2 or 3 calls in a row.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

December 19, 2017, 11:13:58 PM
Reply #3

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »
In response to the officials I totally agree. But to be fair that was not why we lost. Yes the officcials were terrible as usual. They did not make any calls against Niagara until the game was totally out of control. I went on a rant about the officials last year and even sent an objective critque to the Buffalo News to publish but of course they did not publish it or even comment on it. When you hear that all officials are critqued during a game and are evaluated that is total bull because nothing ever changes. Hoping the women and coaches will learn from their mistakes and looking forward to the MAC games. Go Bulls!!!

December 20, 2017, 03:41:51 AM
Reply #4

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 03:41:51 AM »
I agree.  This game was not decided by the officials.  Officials can be the reason for the outcome of a close game.  This game wasn't close.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

December 20, 2017, 01:16:11 PM
Reply #5

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
After my long recap of the Niagara game I was looking closely at the final stats and here is all we need to know: we had one more assist than Niagara. we had a lower shooting %, lost the turnover battle, lost the rebounding battle, had more fouls, had less fast break points and less bench points. That is how an 1-8 team beats an 8-1 team who is not prepared to play. My family has played sports all our life and it amazes us that for 30 some games a year these players don't have the mental attitude  to play like it is their last game. Go Bulls!!

This site is READ ONLY