As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: 2018 PF  (Read 34082 times)

March 02, 2018, 11:35:13 AM
Reply #30

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 PF
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »
A few observations:
1. The video is an offensive highlight show so no way to tell what type of a defender he is or if he has any sense of defensive principles an area where our current team is weak.
2. With that said I see plenty I like.
3. He gets down the floor in transition.
4. He has a great ability to release off a defender to go and get a post entry pass which is far more difficult than you would likely think; he makes it look far easier than it is.
5. He has great hands.
6. He has an adept ability to use his right or left hand around the rim, another unique talent you rarely see anymore.
7. He finishes with aplomb.
8. I can where he and incoming pg Segu would be an ideal match feeding off each other and propelling the team and bringing loads of highlight reel plays to AA.

So my question to those who follow recruiting far more than me, what interest level does he have in UB and where do we sand with him?

March 02, 2018, 01:15:20 PM
Reply #31

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
  • UB Basketball Die Hard ('06 - Present)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 01:15:20 PM »
A few observations:
1. The video is an offensive highlight show so no way to tell what type of a defender he is or if he has any sense of defensive principles an area where our current team is weak.
4. He has a great ability to release off a defender to go and get a post entry pass which is far more difficult than you would likely think; he makes it look far easier than it is.
5. He has great hands.
6. He has an adept ability to use his right or left hand around the rim, another unique talent you rarely see anymore.
8. I can where he and incoming pg Segu would be an ideal match feeding off each other and propelling the team and bringing loads of highlight reel plays to AA.

So my question to those who follow recruiting far more than me, what interest level does he have in UB and where do we sand with him?

Who are you referring to?

If Hardnett, we have been discussing him choosing Cincinnati.

March 02, 2018, 01:16:30 PM
Reply #32

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:30 PM »
Just out of curiosity when did the American Athletic Conference become a Power 5 conference?

Another good point by BB here.

Wasn't even thinking that Cincy isn't in a P5. Albeit, a much better conference though.

March 02, 2018, 01:46:51 PM
Reply #33

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018, 01:46:51 PM »
A few observations:
5. He has great hands.

Who are you referring to?

If Hardnett, we have been discussing him choosing Cincinnati.

Butler. That’s my assesment based on the video shared by McBulls above.

March 03, 2018, 07:18:50 PM
Reply #34

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity when did the American Athletic Conference become a Power 5 conference?

The AAC is not a power 5, but neither is the BE. However, the BE is ranked 3rd in BB by Pomeroy, and the AAC is 7th. The MAC is 14th. Sorry we didn’t get this kid, but understand. Have to get a big!!

March 05, 2018, 10:15:30 AM
Reply #35

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
It would be nice to pull in Willesley Butler, a good size forward.

I'm still not going to rule out Brock Bertram. He's only a red shirt freshman, with tons of potential. I think Brock just needs to use this off-season to his advantage and hit the weight room and to just drill inside the paint. He certainly has the size to succeed, he just needs the confidence.

Also, I believe if Montell McRae hits the weight room this off season and gains about 20 pounds and works on his footwork as well, then I think he could be a solid player. He has a decent shot and his offensive game isn't that terrible. He just gets pushed around in the paint and doesnt have that size for his height. He can be a great player next if he wants to be.

I believe if Bertram or McRae step up next year, then we will certainly be very good inside along with Perkins. We are already stacked at guard for next year so having a second forward like Perkins step up would be huge.

March 06, 2018, 10:58:10 AM
Reply #36

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 10:58:10 AM »
I don't think McRae is that far off from helping.  He is thin and does need to put on some weight.  He seems late defensively often and gets himself in foul trouble as well.  But I think he can take a jump this off-season.

Bertram is a bit of an unknown.  He just needs to be more athletic to play the style UB wants to play and I am not sure that getting stronger and more drills will make a huge impact.   Maybe I will be wrong.  We'll see.

The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

March 10, 2018, 06:13:31 AM
Reply #37

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2018, 06:13:31 AM »
McCrae and Bertram should improve, but it sure would help to get a quality big to shore up the position.

March 16, 2018, 03:42:52 PM
Reply #38

MillenniumBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 03:42:52 PM »
Bryce Golden just decommited from Pit, maybe we can make a run at him... 6-9 230. Decent size for the MAC, and he probably saw us play last night.

March 22, 2018, 07:15:42 PM
Reply #39

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
Bryce Golden just decommited from Pit, maybe we can make a run at him... 6-9 230. Decent size for the MAC, and he probably saw us play last night.

Big fan, lot's of JuCo options as well (Hodgson feasts here) -

Ivan Aurrecoechea
Mohamed Thiam
Roderick Williams   
Antun Maricevic   
Nick Marshall
Willesley Butler   
Jermaine Haley (Odessa - Willie Connor)

March 23, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
Reply #40

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »

Ivan Aurrecoechea
Mohamed Thiam
Roderick Williams   
Antun Maricevic   
Nick Marshall
Willesley Butler   

Nick Marshall would be a dream come true. But that's probably not happening.

March 23, 2018, 01:25:20 PM
Reply #41

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
After watching PJ Washington (Kentucky 6'7") dominate the paint last night against KState, I think we can employ Jeenathan Williams in a similar role as the power forward next year.  Jeremy Harris can slide to the 3 and Perkins at the 5.  That's pretty good size for any team.

Let's also hope McCrae can put on some weight.

March 23, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
Reply #42

BasketBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • BU--FF--AL--O--GO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »

Ivan Aurrecoechea
Mohamed Thiam
Roderick Williams   
Antun Maricevic   
Nick Marshall
Willesley Butler   

Plays for Motlow State (same as Javion Hamlet did) and Hodgson was there for the game last night. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine he's the reason why (though I can't find stats for him, is he playing?). Rashawn Fredericks is a very intriguing prospect on that team s well.

March 24, 2018, 03:17:34 PM
Reply #43

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 03:17:34 PM »
According to Twitter, Hodgson has been hot after Tevian Jones

Another 4 star wing. He is more if a SF, but the talent might be too good to pass up if he's at all interested in UB.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/222170/tevian-jones

March 24, 2018, 05:09:51 PM
Reply #44

trueblue32

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »

Plays for Motlow State (same as Javion Hamlet did) and Hodgson was there for the game last night. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine he's the reason why (though I can't find stats for him, is he playing?). Rashawn Fredericks is a very intriguing prospect on that team s well.

Upon some searching I read on a Memphis board similar to this one that Nick Marshall was in a car crash and broke his femur sometime in 2017, but I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere.

This site is READ ONLY