As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Ohio/UB women's game  (Read 1787 times)

January 18, 2018, 11:43:36 AM
Read 1787 times

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
Ohio/UB women's game
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »
Another great win by our women. A gutsy win in the last minute of the game. Another good defensive stand and then free throws by Reid. Great games by Summer and Dillard with Suchan giving contributions off the bench. I do not understand the minutes Autumn Jones gets in a game when she is non-productive. She has been getting 10-20 minutes when not making a shot and making turnovers. Coaching decisions have to be made to curtail the shooting/replace the player with another player. Again as a JUCO player she might of been the big shotmaker but she has to learn to play within the team concept. That is up to the coaches to teach her the right way to play.Again continue to be impressed with the team's overall play. They do not seem to get rattled when down in games or at the end of games. This does look like it could be a truly great and exciting season. Another good test on Sat. against a very good Toledo team. Would be great to see more than the usual 1,000 fans at the game. Go Bulls!!!!

January 18, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
Reply #1

TML1000

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio/UB women's game
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
Summer was tremendous on both ends last night....no fouls in 38 mins played defending largely in the post in a MAC game is incredible. I expect her to keep playing at this level as she continues to play big minutes as she is a match-up issue for almost every other MAC opponent at her position. Suchan had some big off rebounds and seems to have settled into her bench role nicely.

Obviously not Autumn's night offensively but I believe Coach Jack keeps her out there due to her energy and willingness to be aggressive in a way no other player on the team really brings. She has improved a ton since the start of the season and I think she will be a huge asset against teams like CMU. Overall, UB probably played with their B- game and still got a road win over arguably the second best team in the East. They will have to up their level against Toledo and CMU but have shown they are more than capable of doing so on multiple occasions thus far this season. The back end of MAC roadtrips are always tough. There is no reason the team should not go 10-0 against East opponents. If they can earn a split with CMU and Toledo, a 15-3 record would work very nicely and likely garner at least the #2 overall seed.

January 18, 2018, 01:38:53 PM
Reply #2

skrabukes

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • AOL Instant Messenger - skrabukes5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:38:53 PM »
TML - your points are almost always spot on. I couldn't have said any of it better myself!
This team is so much more athletic than teams from 5+ years ago. It's like night and day. Not to mention the overall skill level at each position! It should be a fun 2 months around UB.

January 18, 2018, 01:45:17 PM
Reply #3

BasketBull

• Information
  • Position Coach
  • BU--FF--AL--O--GO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
The MAC is good enough this year to potentially get multiple bids into the NCAA tourney. Per RealtimeRPI, the MAC currently has 6 teams in the top 100 of the RPI, and another 4 teams between 100-130. For the sake of comparison, the AAC has only 3 teams in the top 100 and only 1 more 100-130.

Basically, there are enough good teams in the MAC to help keep our RPI high (currently 28th) as we work through the conference slate as long as we keep winning. Make no mistake: Buffalo has a quality resume - Buffalo has already played 7 games against top 100 RPI opponents and UB is 6-1 in those games (vs. Delaware, vs. (n) Nebraska, @ St. John's, @ Ball State, vs. Western Michigan, @ Ohio; only loss was @ Arizona State. Buffalo has 5 games left against current top 100 opponents (twice against Toledo, twice against CMU, home against Ohio).

If UB splits the series against Toledo and CMU and wins against Ohio, that would potentially put them at 9-3 against top 100 and 4-3 against the top 50 (CMU is at 40, Toledo is right on the border at 53). We'd potentially be looking at about 24 wins going into MAC tournament. If the selection committee is just looking at blind resumes, a 24+ win team with a 40 RPI and with that many top 50/100 wins should be an at large.

January 18, 2018, 06:51:58 PM
Reply #4

MillenniumBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »
In regards to Autumn Jones playing time, I thought she was doing the best job staying in front of the Ohio wings. I thought she deserved the minutes even with the run outs and jumpers not falling.

This site is READ ONLY