As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: UB/Akron women's game  (Read 7946 times)

February 17, 2018, 08:10:12 PM
Read 7946 times

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
UB/Akron women's game
« on: February 17, 2018, 08:10:12 PM »
Congrats to the women for the 85-71 win over Akron. A new school record for MAC wins - 12 and clinching a to four seed and trip to the MAC quarterfinals in Cleveland. Reid recorded her 14th career double digit assist effort which is a program record. UB did not come out with the same intensity as in the Central MIchigan game but they never really let Akron take charge in the game. Akron played a zone defense which created some problems for us on the offense end.  Another example of beating a team that have a lot of underclassmen but should be much improved next year. Looking froward to the Bowling Green game next week. Go Bulls!!!!

February 18, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
Reply #1

ubbulls08

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
Re: UB/Akron women's game
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
I watched the entire game, and then went back and watched the CMU game.

This team is amazing to watch. There will never be any dunks, obv, but aside from that the action is just as entertaining.

Jack and Oats have a similar philosophy in terms of O, and it is glorious to watch.

February 18, 2018, 11:05:09 AM
Reply #2

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »
Agree ubbull08. It has been a great season so far for both teams.It is really going to be strange next year without Reid, Oursler and company and you never know how the makeup of the team will be and if the newcomers will fit in. Also a big shoutout to the women's swimming and diving team. Just had the best season in program history!!! The article in the News today about UB fundraising and donor campaign I hope includes money for extensions for coaches Oats and Jack. If they lose these coaches their teams will lose all the luster that has been created the last few years. Again disappointed in turnout for the women's game on Sat. Ashamed of the student leaders and the UB admin. to not make the effort to change the culture of supporting UB athletics. Go Bulls!!!

February 18, 2018, 11:25:52 AM
Reply #3

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
Again disappointed in turnout for the women's game on Sat. Ashamed of the student leaders and the UB admin. to not make the effort to change the culture of supporting UB athletics. Go Bulls!!!

While I agree more can be done (there's always more to day). I don't know that it is fair to say no effort is being made. I have "been in the trenches" so to speak and results do not always echo effort. Hopefully more work will be done and crowds will grow but I am quite confident that student leadership and promotions staff want that as bad as we do.

February 18, 2018, 02:25:29 PM
Reply #4

ubfan75

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
Just as an aside...I have never seen Coach Jack so frustrated with the officials. They were truly horrendous.

February 18, 2018, 03:26:57 PM
Reply #5

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 03:26:57 PM »
Ladies are #14 in RPI but nowhere on any Top 25 polls.

February 18, 2018, 03:36:00 PM
Reply #6

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
Ladies are #14 in RPI but nowhere on any Top 25 polls.

I believe these update tomorrow, I'd expect them to be receiving votes with the CMU/Akron wins added

February 18, 2018, 07:17:10 PM
Reply #7

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »
Sorry Jeseph,. I poor joice of words that no effort is being made by UB and the True Blue students. It truly has to be a all in effort with different ideas on how to promote the games. As a passionate family that has followed college sports for years and talking to UB admin. we know more can be done. Enjoying the ride and hope to see a lot of fans in Cleveland. Go Bulls!!!

February 18, 2018, 09:54:57 PM
Reply #8

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 09:54:57 PM »
You have to remember that the band is also made up of students.  They sounded great yesterday.   Guru, were you  wearing blue, with 3 other guys sitting with you?  2 to your right, and 1 to your left?
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

February 19, 2018, 10:55:53 AM
Reply #9

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 10:55:53 AM »
Sorry ChubbyHubby. That was not us but our family was there. Agree the band is always great but are not they required to be there? Again disappointing the number of students at the game. A side note when we asked the marketing/ticket people why they can't get more students to a game - well Fri. night is party night and a lot of them are hung over on Sat!! A sad commentary. We are in the minority of people who care and support UB sports. Go Bulls!!!

February 19, 2018, 11:03:33 AM
Reply #10

ubbulls08

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile

February 19, 2018, 11:14:04 AM
Reply #11

BullsFan14

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
  • BS '14, EdM'16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
Personally, I like watching men's games over women's games at Alumni Arena. Before you start calling for my head, listen to my reasoning.

At Women's games, they insist on playing music after every whistle. It gets annoying. They play more replays for the Men's Basketball than the Woman's basketball games.

I guess I should note I typically go to all women and men's games so I might be biased.

February 19, 2018, 12:05:56 PM
Reply #12

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »
No problem BullsFan14. Glad to hear you support both men and women. Our family just enjoys UB basketball and lets face it this has been an exceptional year for both teams. The women with all their seniors  have really played great all year. These years don't come around all the time to see good all around basketball play. More fans will always gravitate to the men's games because of the overall athletism. The men's game is more hyped before and during the game but it does not mean we do not see good basketball team play and talent. Glad to see more support for UB sports and if the UB admin makes the right decisions we should have many more years of exciting basketball. Go Bulls!!!!

February 20, 2018, 03:14:14 PM
Reply #13

TheReal_Kmix

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »
Ashamed of the student leaders and the UB admin. to not make the effort to change the culture of supporting UB athletics. Go Bulls!!!

True Blue put out flyers for both the Men's and Women's game every day throughout the week. It requires us to wake up at 6AM but we do it to hopefully try and change the culture. We also have tables every week to talk to students, and post on all our social medias as much as we can. Sadly we function on a $5K budget which mainly goes towards the olympic sports so our hands get tied with WBB. We want everyone to show up as much as anyone else but we don't know what else to do because we promote the men and the women the same.

February 20, 2018, 04:19:45 PM
Reply #14

trueblue32

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »
Yeah we literally did everything we normally do for MBB games with the exception of dorm storming with pizza but that's provided by Athletics and was not a choice by anybody at True Blue.  Whether you like it or not WBB is never going to draw the crowd that MBB does and it's nobody's fault.  Hearing True Blue leaders criticized when you don't seem to know what we do or appreciate that we ARE the few students at the game is annoying.  I don't see any of the general public bring massive droves of their friends and family to the games either.

This site is READ ONLY