As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: UB/Bowling Grenn women's game  (Read 2389 times)

March 03, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Read 2389 times

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
UB/Bowling Grenn women's game
« on: March 03, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »
Congrats to the women with another dominant performance!! A program record for wins - 25, MAC vistories - 16, tying program record for road wins - 10, first unbeaten home season in division I history - 12-0 and 2018 MAC East division champions!!!!A truly remarkable season from this team and really no words to describe what we have seen this year.  The senior Day ceremony after the game was very emotional and the five seniors thanked the fans. Our family wants to thank this entire team for the memories they have given us. Playing the winner of Toledo and Kent State. We beat Toledo by 18 at home and by 11 on the road. We beat Kent State by 38 at home and by 30 on the road. Our family will be in Cleveland from Wed on hope to celebrate on Sat. Go Bulls!!!!

March 03, 2018, 09:58:09 PM
Reply #1

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
Re: UB/Bowling Grenn women's game
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
We're not going to arrive until Friday morning.  Looking forward to 2 FRiday games, and 2 Saturday Championships.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

March 04, 2018, 12:07:01 AM
Reply #2

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »
Impressive second half today! They are in fine form heading to Cleveland.

Kudos to UB Athletics! They did a superb job for the graduating seniors from start to finish. The Australian national anthem rang through the rafters before the game to honor the Ups and Stephanie Reid. Whose ever brain child that was deserves a raise. The post game ceremony was emotional. The highlight was definitely the videos from Steph’s family and Ups’ parents. Ups’ dad is a certified comic and the type of person you’d love to have a beer with.

Lastly those ladies are also impressive off the court. Three of the five are bio medical science majors and honors students at that. It makes you proud to know that you’re supporting such great people.

There was a very good crowd too probably around 2,500.

It was great to be a part of it.

March 04, 2018, 11:56:42 AM
Reply #3

ubfan75

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »
+1 to the sentiments expressed above. You can’t help but admire this group of young ladies. Each of them, as individuals, plays hard every game, and as a group they play like a team. Can you ask for anything more? I love their motto, from the All Blacks, this season: Sweep the Shed - no player is above any other, they all have to ‘sweep the shed’, and the outcome of every game is on them and them only, there’s no Deus ex machina to hope for or rely on.

As for the ceremony last night, was there any fan in the stands who didn’t have a tear in their eye or a hitch in their throat? Was anyone not moved hearing Coach Jack tell Paul Peck that she came here a broken coach and found solace and purpose in UB basketball?

Good luck to the ladies and coaching staff this week. It should be quite a ride.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:59:17 AM by ubfan75 »

March 04, 2018, 12:45:26 PM
Reply #4

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
I agree, it was quite emotional.  I missed FLJ talking with Peck.  When did that happen? 
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

March 04, 2018, 01:05:39 PM
Reply #5

ubfan75

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »
I agree, it was quite emotional.  I missed FLJ talking with Peck.  When did that happen?
Paul Peck interviewed Stephanie first, then Coach. It was at the table, not on the floor, well after the net cutting.

March 04, 2018, 09:21:35 PM
Reply #6

121Merrimac

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 09:21:35 PM »
Paul Peck interviewed Stephanie first, then Coach. It was at the table, not on the floor, well after the net cutting.
It was part of the live stream on espn3, so you might be able to watch it on replay.

This site is READ ONLY