As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: UB half court shot  (Read 2162 times)

March 04, 2018, 07:44:39 PM
Read 2162 times

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
UB half court shot
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:44:39 PM »
Did anyone notice at the women's game on Sat. the half court shot reward for making the shot went back to 12 medium pizzas?? The change to 12 large pizzas was just because of the negative national exposure I guess!!! We talked to some Santora's employees and they said management were happy with all the attention  and there is no such thing as negative publicity!! Oh by the way a medium pizza is not very filling. Shame on you Santora's and the UB admin.  Our family is thinking of talking to UB next year and see what it costs to come up with a better reward for making a half court shot that is if we still have our present coaches and players comprising our team. Looking forward to Cleveland and beyond!!!! Go Bulls!!!

March 06, 2018, 09:16:42 AM
Reply #1

ubfan75

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UB half court shot
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:16:42 AM »
Did anyone notice at the women's game on Sat. the half court shot reward for making the shot went back to 12 medium pizzas?? The change to 12 large pizzas was just because of the negative national exposure I guess!!! We talked to some Santora's employees and they said management were happy with all the attention  and there is no such thing as negative publicity!! Oh by the way a medium pizza is not very filling. Shame on you Santora's and the UB admin.  Our family is thinking of talking to UB next year and see what it costs to come up with a better reward for making a half court shot that is if we still have our present coaches and players comprising our team. Looking forward to Cleveland and beyond!!!! Go Bulls!!!
My daughter and I were at SU v. Georgetown game a few years back and the prize for making a half-court shot was something like a semester of free food service...

Santora’s and, by association, UB should be ashamed of themselves. What’s the cost of upgrading to 12 large pizzas? Many 20 bucks? I know we aren’t SU, but come on.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:18:33 AM by ubfan75 »

March 06, 2018, 09:40:28 AM
Reply #2

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:40:28 AM »
You can buy prize insurance for such contests and actually offer people a significant prize without breaking the bank.

March 06, 2018, 09:49:40 AM
Reply #3

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »
I'm sorry but I can't think of anything I care about less than how much UB is spending on a halftime contest...

March 06, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
Reply #4

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:15:34 AM »
This is arguably one of the most pettiest posts I've seen in a while. Who cares about a half court shot prize..........

March 06, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
Reply #5

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »
Come on guys. We are all entitled to our opinions and I understand that is not on the top of your priority list. If UB wnats to tout intself as a big time college regarding education, medical research and athletics they have to take all facets of their operation seriously. In many things they do make good decisions. They have to make educated and intelligent decisions that will affect the down to earth every day fan. All is positive on so many fronts right now so lets continue the momentum and excitement with success this week in Cleveland. Go Bulls!!!

This site is READ ONLY