As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: UB Basketball Excellence Fund  (Read 60742 times)

March 13, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Reply #30

01bull

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UB Basketball Excellence Fund
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 06:46:36 PM »
this has motivated me to re-join the forum and commit to a four figure amount to the excellence fund.

I'm traveling for work, so i can't get the donation in till physically until this weekend, but I've have exchanged emails with confirming my donation with the Blue/White club, and i'm happy to forward them to secure your match!

March 13, 2018, 11:17:57 PM
Reply #31

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »
this has motivated me to re-join the forum and commit to a four figure amount to the excellence fund.

I'm traveling for work, so i can't get the donation in till physically until this weekend, but I've have exchanged emails with confirming my donation with the Blue/White club, and i'm happy to forward them to secure your match!

Superb! You’re word is golden to me. Welcome back. More importantly, thank you for supporting UB basketball! I’m for a total of 1k and skrabukes in for 1.5k. So with your donation and the few others we will have raised at least 4K. I hope others jump on board and join the cause. Together we all can help move the programs even further toward their goal of being perennial contenders.

March 13, 2018, 11:31:03 PM
Reply #32

121Merrimac

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »
The SA didn't contribute to my (club) team's trip to nationals back in '95, so I'm still bitter about donating back to them. 

Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise?

I'm open to suggestions, but still very bitter.

March 14, 2018, 12:08:50 AM
Reply #33

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 12:08:50 AM »
This isnt connected to SA in any way shape or form

March 14, 2018, 01:27:35 AM
Reply #34

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 01:27:35 AM »
The SA didn't contribute to my (club) team's trip to nationals back in '95, so I'm still bitter about donating back to them. 

Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise?

I'm open to suggestions, but still very bitter.

What he said!

This isnt connected to SA in any way shape or form

March 14, 2018, 01:56:04 AM
Reply #35

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
  • UB Basketball Die Hard ('06 - Present)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 01:56:04 AM »
Hello all -

I too will be contributing to the Basketball Excellence Fund to help continue on the success of the basketball programs. I sent an email to someone in athletics to ask for more information on the fund. This is what I received:

"The BEF was created to provide ongoing and recurring support for both the men’s and women’s programs.  It allows people to have a direct impact on the success of the programs – all monies donated go into each of their individual BEF accounts and are restricted dollars.  Which means respectively the coaches have sole discretion on what that money goes towards for their program.  That could range from chartered flights, academic support, new equipment, recruiting, computers, upgrades to the locker room, etc.  Whatever the coaches deem to be the most critical areas of need to enhance their competitive success – both academically and athletically.

And every dollar counts!!  Success doesn’t happen on its own – like Coach Jack says…”IT TAKES A VILLAGE”…and it seriously does.  We need more people to jump on and support these programs to continue this success that we’ve been having and build a financial foundation necessary to compete at the highest level.

To learn more about the BEF or to donate today you can call Jordie Kindervater (645-1852) or Megan Reed (645-6263) in the athletics department."

I trust Coach Jack and Coach Oats to make the decision of how my money is spent. They have continued to show that they can be successful. Let's enable them the opportunity to build it even more.

Go Bulls!

This is awesome news. No one can really argue with the legitimacy of this.

Also, as a benefit, don't you get recognized, have points, and get dibs on tickets and events?

March 14, 2018, 06:04:39 AM
Reply #36

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04:39 AM »
Hello all -

I too will be contributing to the Basketball Excellence Fund to help continue on the success of the basketball programs. I sent an email to someone in athletics to ask for more information on the fund. This is what I received:

"The BEF was created to provide ongoing and recurring support for both the men’s and women’s programs.  It allows people to have a direct impact on the success of the programs – all monies donated go into each of their individual BEF accounts and are restricted dollars.  Which means respectively the coaches have sole discretion on what that money goes towards for their program.  That could range from chartered flights, academic support, new equipment, recruiting, computers, upgrades to the locker room, etc.  Whatever the coaches deem to be the most critical areas of need to enhance their competitive success – both academically and athletically.

And every dollar counts!!  Success doesn’t happen on its own – like Coach Jack says…”IT TAKES A VILLAGE”…and it seriously does.  We need more people to jump on and support these programs to continue this success that we’ve been having and build a financial foundation necessary to compete at the highest level.

To learn more about the BEF or to donate today you can call Jordie Kindervater (645-1852) or Megan Reed (645-6263) in the athletics department."

I trust Coach Jack and Coach Oats to make the decision of how my money is spent. They have continued to show that they can be successful. Let's enable them the opportunity to build it even more.

Go Bulls!

This is awesome news. No one can really argue with the legitimacy of this.

Also, as a benefit, don't you get recognized, have points, and get dibs on tickets and events?

You get points that lead to being offered the right to get tickets for post season play.

Earning points:

http://bullsblueandwhite.com/index.php/about-us/blue-white-loyalty-points-program

March 16, 2018, 02:40:12 AM
Reply #37

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
We've se
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 02:40:12 AM »
Alright, so who else is going to donate to the excellence fund? The time is NOW!!! We've had the pleasure of seeing what Nate has accomplished and we had a glimpse of what the potential of this program is with his guidance. I think it would be a huge reassurance to him when he arrives back in Buffalo with the team to see that donations to the excellence fund have increased substantially thanks to his leadership.

As you'd expect with a stunning upset, one I predicted by the way, there will be a whole lot more chatter from woeful P5 teams looking to hire him. Despite that Nate will be staying here because he is committed to building this thing even higher.

Let's Go UB fans!!

March 16, 2018, 07:59:03 AM
Reply #38

skrabukes

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • AOL Instant Messenger - skrabukes5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
He (Nate), his staff and the program deserve any and all that we can give to them. There isn't anyone who has been associated with UB that didn't have a smile on their face at midnight last night. It was crazy. To see the belief just grow and grow as the game wore on, with each passing possession, it was epic. My donation is firm, although it is likely to increase, as I am just so proud of the work Nate, Jim, Bryan and all of those who have built this team. It truly is a team, it has been all season, even when some had doubts. Their effort shined last night, every loose ball, every on ball defense, every double team. I'm a proud Bulls Fan, who will likely be a tired Bulls fan this afternoon at work, but it is worth it.
Tomorrow is the biggest day in UB sports history. Women's game followed by the men's. Program changing games!
Go Bulls!

March 16, 2018, 12:00:11 PM
Reply #39

JoeyRattlesnake

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »
Just signed up.  I've been thinking about contributing to the Blue & White Fund for a while now and this thread that pushed me over the top.

Go Bulls!

March 16, 2018, 02:21:56 PM
Reply #40

ed

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
Hello all -

i emailed them for a little more detail as well:
Thanks for reaching out. The dollars raised and allocated to the basketball excellence fund are used at the discretion of HC Oats and is used in a variety of ways to enhance the competitive success for the program.

Some of the most common uses are to offset costs to recruit on a national level, schedule to play elite programs throughout the country, basketball specific facility enhancements, and team equipment needs. In addition to that academic resources to help the players balance their academic commitments with a challenging travel schedule while in season.

If you look at the schedule this year and the previous 3-4 years we have been able to schedule some top programs, in order to raise our competitive standard. This has been made possible in large part by our donors.

The fund has grown substantially in the past 4-5 years from generating approximately $20,000 a year to now close to $100,000, mostly because of the number of donors who have jumped on board and committed with 5 year pledges.

All gifts to the Basketball Excellence Fund are 100% tax deductible as they are purely philanthropic commitments. I am sure you have seen/heard about the impact some of the new tax rules are having on college athletics, but that only impacts donors who purchase season tickets and make a donation attached to their seat location.

"schedule to play elite programs throughout the country..." do we pay to play high rank programs (opposite football), or you guys think they're talking travel, etc.  just curious.

March 16, 2018, 02:58:02 PM
Reply #41

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2018, 02:58:02 PM »
Hello all -

i emailed them for a little more detail as well:
Thanks for reaching out. The dollars raised and allocated to the basketball excellence fund are used at the discretion of HC Oats and is used in a variety of ways to enhance the competitive success for the program.

Some of the most common uses are to offset costs to recruit on a national level, schedule to play elite programs throughout the country, basketball specific facility enhancements, and team equipment needs. In addition to that academic resources to help the players balance their academic commitments with a challenging travel schedule while in season.

If you look at the schedule this year and the previous 3-4 years we have been able to schedule some top programs, in order to raise our competitive standard. This has been made possible in large part by our donors.

The fund has grown substantially in the past 4-5 years from generating approximately $20,000 a year to now close to $100,000, mostly because of the number of donors who have jumped on board and committed with 5 year pledges.

All gifts to the Basketball Excellence Fund are 100% tax deductible as they are purely philanthropic commitments. I am sure you have seen/heard about the impact some of the new tax rules are having on college athletics, but that only impacts donors who purchase season tickets and make a donation attached to their seat location.

"schedule to play elite programs throughout the country..." do we pay to play high rank programs (opposite football), or you guys think they're talking travel, etc. just curious.

You get paid to play but as opposed to football not enough to cover all expenses with travel.

March 17, 2018, 01:29:37 PM
Reply #42

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 01:29:37 PM »
Thank you to everyone who took up the challenge. I just paid up on my challenge and donated 1k. I hope everyone sees fit to make a donation as well, no matter how big or small. Every bit helps!

Go Bulls!

March 17, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Reply #43

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2018, 02:48:10 PM »
Thank you to everyone who took up the challenge. I just paid up on my challenge and donated 1k. I hope everyone sees fit to make a donation as well, no matter how big or small. Every bit helps!

Go Bulls!

Thank you so much for stepping up for our teams!

March 17, 2018, 03:45:26 PM
Reply #44

skrabukes

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • AOL Instant Messenger - skrabukes5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
I'll be dropping off my donation at the end of the month. It's a pleasure to pay for good things! If Felisha is back, a similar donation will be made by me to the women's fund. Both squads & coaches deserve everything we are able to give, in addition to our cheerful support!

This site is READ ONLY