As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Poll

Who Are You Rooting For?

Hurleys
8 (36.4%)
Cuse
8 (36.4%)
Refs
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 15, 2018, 11:57:55 AM

Author Topic: Hurleys v. Cuse  (Read 8200 times)

March 14, 2018, 11:57:55 AM
Read 8200 times

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Hurleys v. Cuse
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »
Who you got?

March 14, 2018, 12:05:09 PM
Reply #1

azgreg

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
Re: Hurleys v. Cuse
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »
Never root for ASSu.

March 14, 2018, 12:19:23 PM
Reply #2

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:19:23 PM »
Arizona State has not played against a zone in many games this year. It will come down to how they shoot and rebound. Nice comments from Hurley and Evans in the BN and I hope it was not just lip service. Hard to route for either team because neither should be in the tournament. That is why the NCAA committee is a joke. Go Bulls!!

March 14, 2018, 12:30:40 PM
Reply #3

mikescherrer8

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:30:40 PM »
Syracuse does not deserve to be in the tournament whatsoever. The fact that 'Cuse made it over Oklahoma State or Notre Dame is a complete joke. One could make the argument that St. Mary's or Middle Tennessee should be in over 'Cuse.

I hope Arizona State destroys them.

March 14, 2018, 12:45:41 PM
Reply #4

ATL92

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »
Never root for ASSu.

With the success under Nate Oats, he won't be here forever either. Will you be wishing ill will towards the next school to employ him.   The bottom line is, Hurley only gets to leave because he was successful at UB.  That is the nature of the mid-major business right now and if this is the cost (losing your coach) of the rise of UB Men basketball then so be it.

March 14, 2018, 12:57:51 PM
Reply #5

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 12:57:51 PM »
With the success under Nate Oats, he won't be here forever either. Will you be wishing ill will towards the next school to employ him.   The bottom line is, Hurley only gets to leave because he was successful at UB.  That is the nature of the mid-major business right now and if this is the cost (losing your coach) of the rise of UB Men basketball then so be it.

Just FYI Greg isn't rooting for us either ;)

March 14, 2018, 01:22:20 PM
Reply #6

MillenniumBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 01:22:20 PM »
Rooting for Cuse, not because anything to do with Hurley. Just some western NY love. And Cuse finally played us this year. In the end, rooting for a good game either way, definitely not the refs deciding it.

March 14, 2018, 01:48:19 PM
Reply #7

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
The refs may be forced to have a hand in it, depending on whether or not Hurley throws one of his childish temper tantrums.  My problem with Hurley is not that he left.  I'm happy that we won a Championship under him.  I'm happy that he brought in some of the players that he brought.  I'm happy that he brought Oats on board.  Even while he was doing these great things, I often found him to be an embarrassment to our school.  Between the whiner, and the fact that I have 3 of my childhood best friends that are Cuse Alums, I've gotta root for Cuse.  Don't much like em, but... I didn't much like the Eagles but I rooted for them because of Steven Means, as well as my dislike for the Pats.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

March 14, 2018, 01:51:25 PM
Reply #8

azgreg

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »

Any other time than tomorrow.   ;D

March 14, 2018, 02:48:49 PM
Reply #9

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »
Rooting for Cuse, not because anything to do with Hurley. Just some western NY love. And Cuse finally played us this year. In the end, rooting for a good game either way, definitely not the refs deciding it.

First Syracuse is not in Western New York.  They are in Central New York. Second, Syracuse was always willing to play us.  Reggie worked on multiple national teams with Boeheim and they are friends.  We did not play because we wanted them to come to Buffalo for a return game and they would not, because of paying for their athletic budget with home non-conference games made for TV games.

Change your mind on who to root for?

March 14, 2018, 03:04:01 PM
Reply #10

MillenniumBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 03:04:01 PM »
Nope

First Syracuse is not in Western New York.  They are in Central New York. Second, Syracuse was always willing to play us.  Reggie worked on multiple national teams with Boeheim and they are friends.  We did not play because we wanted them to come to Buffalo for a return game and they would not, because of paying for their athletic budget with home non-conference games made for TV games.

Change your mind on who to root for?

Semantics... to every Brooklyn native I know, they refer to buffalo and everything north of NYC as upstate, to someone from Albany upstate is the Adirondacks. Anytime SU puts us on their schedule I am grateful. They only need to go .500 in conference to get an auto bid without playing anyone of note out of conference. Sure, they will never come to Alumni, nothing in it for them. But we should go to the Carrier Dome every time they will have us. So yeah, still rooting for Cuse.

March 14, 2018, 03:14:31 PM
Reply #11

RochBull

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »
F Syracuse

March 14, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
Reply #12

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »

Greg, you've been a nice addition to the board. I've enjoyed your commentary including the tongue-in-cheek stuff. I wish you guys good luck tomorrow night, but with future NBA'ers and an NBA Hall of Famer, you guys don't need it.

Any other time than tomorrow.   ;D

March 14, 2018, 03:33:52 PM
Reply #13

sdubyas

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »
I really do not care who wins that game.  My rooting is always for the UB Bulls!  If I HAD to pick one I would pick Syracuse for the Upstate New York factor. 

March 14, 2018, 03:36:21 PM
Reply #14

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
I was happy for Hurley and Evans especially with it being Shannon's last year in college basketball by making the dance even though I would much rather have deserving mid-majors get the invite. The upsets by the Davids against the Goliaths is what has really made the tournament.

I saw a recent video of an interview with the president ASU who said basically that Bobby has to mature, i.e. get his emotions under control. I'm not sure I have ever seen a coach as expressive with his anger towards officials than him. With that said I think the key to the game may well be how quickly Cuse gets back on D in transition. I'm sure Hurley wants to beat their zone by not allowing the Cuse defenders time to get set. It'll be an interesting game with contrasting styles.

This site is READ ONLY