As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: #13 UB vs #5 Kentucky Game (3/17 5:15pm)***NCAA 2nd Round  (Read 20445 times)

March 16, 2018, 12:00:50 PM
Reply #15

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: #13 UB vs #5 Kentucky Game (3/17 5:15pm)***NCAA 2nd Round
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »
Chris Canty on Golic and Wingo today. "Virginia's path to the Final Four just got easier with Arizona out. Of course they still have to worry about Kentucky." Post that on the bulletin board, Coach Oats.

When they had Seth Greenberg on to talk about the AZ/UB game, he basically spent the whole time talking about what AZ did not do, how they quit, etc.  When Wingo asked him "how was it that this team just won their conference championship tournament a few days ago and now they come out flat", Greenberg (who is an idiot) said "who knows" or something similar.  What fantastic insight.  Greenberg didn't say any names of any UB players during the very brief portion where he did decide to talk about UB.  It makes sense, though.  This guy does a podcast with Dakich, so perhaps they are two peas in a pod.

Greenberg also dismissed KY/UB saying Kentucky would win.
The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

March 16, 2018, 12:51:48 PM
Reply #16

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
Agree, the Greenberg's and Bilas's  and the Dakich's of the world truly only care about the power conferences and teams because that is where their bread is buttered as they say. You are right they will not do their homework or give any love to mid major teams in the tourney and of course pass it off as a fluke. Continue to support our UB athletic teams and Go Bulls!!!

March 16, 2018, 05:03:22 PM
Reply #17

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
Yesterday’s game was almost surreal. Just about everything that go right did, in fact, go right. I’m not a grad of the school but would just like to say, “Alright, UB! Let’s get on your feet! Let’s go, UB!”

March 16, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
Reply #18

TopHatandTie

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
  • Overdressed for every occasion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »
Anyone else going to Boise?  Or know someone who is?
BA/MA, University at Buffalo, Economics, 2011
JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2014

"This is so good for the University!" -Dec. 5th, 2008

March 16, 2018, 09:37:26 PM
Reply #19

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 09:37:26 PM »
Holy Shaq.  There's a blast from the past.  Welcome back TH&T
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

March 16, 2018, 11:12:19 PM
Reply #20

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »

I wish I was. Checked flights early this morning and the RT cost was ~2k, which was 2 expensive for my pocketbook.

Great to see you and so many others come out of the woodwork and posting again! I hope everyone stays and becomes active once again. Our fan and alumni should be our athletics department greatest asset. It will only become so if we all get behind it and ensure that the administration sees the value of a committed athletic department. I read an article suggesting the advertising value to UB from yesterday's win was in the seven figures.

I post a lot, many times simply because I want to generate discussion and heighten enthusiasm. I have always been and will continue to be a huge believer in this university, this city and this community. We are great. We can be greater. We need to believe. And then go seize the moment with a vision of excellence and enthusiasm as well. Go Bulls!

March 17, 2018, 12:38:56 AM
Reply #21

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
  • UB Basketball Die Hard ('06 - Present)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 12:38:56 AM »
Chris Canty on Golic and Wingo today. "Virginia's path to the Final Four just got easier with Arizona out. Of course they still have to worry about Kentucky." Post that on the bulletin board, Coach Oats.

When they had Seth Greenberg on to talk about the AZ/UB game, he basically spent the whole time talking about what AZ did not do, how they quit, etc.  When Wingo asked him "how was it that this team just won their conference championship tournament a few days ago and now they come out flat", Greenberg (who is an idiot) said "who knows" or something similar.  What fantastic insight.  Greenberg didn't say any names of any UB players during the very brief portion where he did decide to talk about UB.  It makes sense, though.  This guy does a podcast with Dakich, so perhaps they are two peas in a pod.

Greenberg also dismissed KY/UB saying Kentucky would win.

Did it get easier by losing to UMBC or no?

March 17, 2018, 03:11:50 AM
Reply #22

swflCAT

• Information
  • Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 03:11:50 AM »
Great win and good luck.  This may be a good one, seems like your players are thinking the transition game may be the way to go with us/UK... we think we like a transition game, throw that ball up and lets go.  Who knows what will happen this has been a strange year and so far a stranger tournament.... 16 getting a 1 for the first time.  I 'm hoping you all were hot and lucky and we had our clunker, only one way to find out. I hope for no injuries and we can hit some 3's.

March 17, 2018, 03:57:57 AM
Reply #23

Pharaoh

• Information
  • Four Year Starter
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 03:57:57 AM »

I wish I was. Checked flights early this morning and the RT cost was ~2k, which was 2 expensive for my pocketbook.

Great to see you and so many others come out of the woodwork and posting again! I hope everyone stays and becomes active once again. Our fan and alumni should be our athletics department greatest asset. It will only become so if we all get behind it and ensure that the administration sees the value of a committed athletic department. I read an article suggesting the advertising value to UB from yesterday's win was in the seven figures.

I post a lot, many times simply because I want to generate discussion and heighten enthusiasm. I have always been and will continue to be a huge believer in this university, this city and this community. We are great. We can be greater. We need to believe. And then go seize the moment with a vision of excellence and enthusiasm as well. Go Bulls!

Well said!  Good to be back.  I used to post here every day.  Forgot how fun it was.

As for the game.  I picked UB into my sweet sixteen in my bracket.  I felt good about Arizona, and pretty good about Kentucky.  Now if we can win tomorrow we'll be playing a higher seed than the 2 we already beat.  It's getting real interesting here fellas, especially if we can pull this off tomorrow.

I'll be rooting for UB all the way here in Nashville and will most likely be surrounded by Kentucky fans at the bar and they take their college basketball very seriously down here.  Should make for an interesting time!  Go UB!

March 17, 2018, 09:24:12 AM
Reply #24

zigo230

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
Nice article about the Bulls and Oats in the Washington Post today.  Under the radar no more.  They very much expect to win today’s game.  Should be fun.

March 17, 2018, 01:33:56 PM
Reply #25

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »
4 hours to go.

Should be a good one.
I have not watched Kentucky all year except for a little of the Davidson game at the end.

From what i know of Coach Calipari's system of dribble drive motion, the key to stopping their offense is that initial drive.  Well if that's the case, we are really setup well for this game.  Davonte Jordan is one of the best on the ball defenders I've seen.  He's always, sitting down and always does a great job of staying in front of his man.  It's almost like he's a fencer (used to fence in HS).  Not only do we have Jordan, but we also have Caruthers who is a slightly different style of defender, but just as effective.  Not sure who's the better defender.  Both are outstanding.

Against Arizona, we had some really bad defensive breakdowns.  In that sense I do think we're lucky that we came away with the win.  Arizona forced us to double Ayton which UB is not used to doing.  This led to a lot of confusion.  I don't think we will double against Kentucky today.  We're just not good at it.  The key will be Harris against Knox.  Knox, who I'll be watching closely (Knicks potential pick at 8, although he's dropped recently on many boards) hopefully gets tired himself chasing Harris around.

Harris has been playing amazingly.  His confidence must be sky high because he took Ayton off the dribble several times and even had a step back jumper.  I think I underestimated Harris and if he can continue to play at this level, he'll certainly be in discussions for potential NBA talks for next year.

Wes Clark is playing the best ball of the year and from his previous stats at Mizzou, his whole career.  He's just unstoppable right now because his mid range jumper is working.  And he's even driving and laying the ball up with his left hand in traffic.  That takes a lot of confidence.

We'll need to feed Perkins inside and will need to get the team in foul trouble.  It'll be key not to let Kentucky into to the bonus in the 2nd half.  These bonus free throws usually lead to wins and it'll be key to limit the fouls while getting into the bonus first.

We can definitely win and I am really looking forward to this game as always.  We have nothing to lose.  Time to Go!

March 17, 2018, 05:14:27 PM
Reply #26

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 05:14:27 PM »
Come on guys! you are playing with house money!!!!!!!!! Shock the world.

March 17, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
Reply #27

squire17

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »
Bulls have to play tough defense again. Refs have to let them play. Have to value the ball, and make our 3s. Go Bulls!

March 17, 2018, 05:26:15 PM
Reply #28

Kevin

• Information
  • All Rookie Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
Looks like we have some MAC refs today.

6 fouls 4 minutes in.

March 17, 2018, 05:26:58 PM
Reply #29

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »
Slow start against some UK athletes. Gotta hit a couple shots and get into a rhythm but as Kevin mentioned officiating slowing the game down right now.

This site is READ ONLY