As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Coach Oats was recruiting on television  (Read 2862 times)

March 16, 2018, 01:40:47 AM
Read 2862 times

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
Coach Oats was recruiting on television
« on: March 16, 2018, 01:40:47 AM »
Coach said some eye brow raising things on tv today.

It just dawned on me what he is doing.

“We believe we are the better team. We should be up by 10 right now. “
First he is pumping up his guys. Making them believe we belong. The kids played fearless and with so much heart. It was amazing to see.

After the game “we have some high major talent”
I believe he is setting this program up for the future here. He is declaring that Buffalo basketball is no average mid major. We are establishing something here. I also think he is speaking to future recruits. We are not going to settle for 2 star recruits. Are you a high major talent? You need to consider Buffalo.

What a genius. What a salesman. We are so lucky to have him. I really think he will be our brad Stevens. Mark Few.

March 16, 2018, 02:46:55 AM
Reply #1

UB85

• Information
  • Position Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Oats was recruiting on television
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:46:55 AM »
Coach said some eye brow raising things on tv today.

It just dawned on me what he is doing.

“We believe we are the better team. We should be up by 10 right now. “
First he is pumping up his guys. Making them believe we belong. The kids played fearless and with so much heart. It was amazing to see.

After the game “we have some high major talent”
I believe he is setting this program up for the future here. He is declaring that Buffalo basketball is no average mid major. We are establishing something here. I also think he is speaking to future recruits. We are not going to settle for 2 star recruits. Are you a high major talent? You need to consider Buffalo.

What a genius. What a salesman. We are so lucky to have him. I really think he will be our brad Stevens. Mark Few.

+1. It also shows where his mind set is.....the future.......at UB.

March 16, 2018, 06:59:12 AM
Reply #2

MillenniumBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:59:12 AM »
Maybe kids love their school? Made great friends? Wife likes her doctors at Rosewell or her friends/boss/job? There are a ton of things to love about Buffalo or the community you build while there. Now is it enough to turn down a few 100k a year? I hope so. After all when you die you don’t take it with you, and Coach was teaching math 5 years ago, he already must feel pretty rich in comparison. Time will tell. Glad he is here and happy he came. And I wouldn’t question his decisions about his and his family’s future. Just hope Buffalo is in it for as long as possible.

Oats, in case your reading this, Buffalo does have some great schools, talk to Reagan, and moving your family too much is a hassle.... and we like you here.

March 16, 2018, 07:27:19 AM
Reply #3

SGBull

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 07:27:19 AM »
This win was so huge for the program. Not only did we dominate a 4 seed who has the likely #1 pick, but we are getting a crazy amount of exposure. If you go on ESPN we are the headline, this is the kind of program that recruits will want to play for.

March 16, 2018, 11:19:35 AM
Reply #4

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
I know Terry Pegula is a Penn State alum but it's good business for him to invest in UB Athletics. I hope he considers cutting a nice check to the Basketball Excellence fund.

March 16, 2018, 11:36:32 AM
Reply #5

zigo230

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
Maybe kids love their school? Made great friends? Wife likes her doctors at Rosewell or her friends/boss/job? There are a ton of things to love about Buffalo or the community you build while there. Now is it enough to turn down a few 100k a year? I hope so. After all when you die you don’t take it with you, and Coach was teaching math 5 years ago, he already must feel pretty rich in comparison. Time will tell. Glad he is here and happy he came. And I wouldn’t question his decisions about his and his family’s future. Just hope Buffalo is in it for as long as possible.

Oats, in case your reading this, Buffalo does have some great schools, talk to Reagan, and moving your family too much is a hassle.... and we like you here.

Yep, people cannot underestimate the importance having a support system in place and a happy family life. ...especially when there has been a recent health crisis in the family.   

I won't blame him at all for sniffing around because certainly there will be some programs calling him.  But on the flip side, it might be more attractive to be a big fish in a small sea.  He knows the UB program is now a destination.  They can win the MAC or be right there near the top every year.  In a high major conference, most of the talent is fairly equal and evenly divided.  We'll see.  Hope he enjoys living in and coaching in Amherst as much as we like him.

March 16, 2018, 12:30:00 PM
Reply #6

promotherobot

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
Or how does a dominant basketball program (and hopefully a rising football tam too) pique the interest of larger conferences? AAC? Bigger?

This site is READ ONLY