As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: #11 UB vs #2 South Carolina Game (3/24 11:30 AM)***NCAA Dynamic Dozen (TM)  (Read 11431 times)

March 24, 2018, 09:55:23 PM
Reply #30

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
That game was within their grasp. SC was big but not unbeatable. We did ourselves in with some untimely misses and turnovers. Still a fabulous season. Glad to have made it to Albany. Stopped in at Parrish Public House just before. Met Mark Alnutt, shook hands with Nate Oats. Happy with the Buffalo turnout. (The UConn fans were sure rooting for us.)

Wish I could have made it, PTR. I used to play music every week in that place and know the owner Francis very well. Glad to hear there was a solid UB showing for the ladies.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

March 25, 2018, 09:16:02 PM
Reply #31

BrooklynBull

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Unbelievable run by the ladies. They will go down as perhaps the most accomplished team in UB Sports history. Thank you for everything, ladies. It's been a pleasure rooting for you. I had the whole bar pulling for you here in Portland, ME.

On another sad note, once again the Albany Media is m.i.a. when mentioning NY state teams west of Schenectady. The Albany Times Union has a piece on their front sports page about South Carolina's A'ja Wilson but absolutely no love for the New York State public institution playing against her in the Sweet 16. We are partly to blame however since we don't market ourselves east of Batavia.

Besides our national championship teams in wrestling and bowling.

March 26, 2018, 09:22:30 AM
Reply #32

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile

Oh, my bad. I forgot about that enthralling 1978 victory over "Millersville" to win the DIII National Championship in Wrestling. That was definitely a more impressive feat than knocking off 2 top-10 D1 schools on their home courts, advancing to the Sweet 16, and falling to the defending National Champions on ESPN.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

March 26, 2018, 10:10:43 PM
Reply #33

MillenniumBull

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email

Oh, my bad. I forgot about that enthralling 1978 victory over "Millersville" to win the DIII National Championship in Wrestling. That was definitely a more impressive feat than knocking off 2 top-10 D1 schools on their home courts, advancing to the Sweet 16, and falling to the defending National Champions on ESPN.

Love typed sarcasm, works every time!

This site is READ ONLY