As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: Mark Alnutt announced as UB's new Athletics Director  (Read 22240 times)

March 21, 2018, 11:49:36 AM
Reply #15

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: New AD announced at 11am 3/21
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:36 AM »
Excuse my ignorance, but please share your ways of “educated surfing”? We all know that you are very close to the administration, but there is no possible way to have known this without inside information.

I did not have any contact with anyone in the Athletics Department or the Search Committee.

Figured it out on twitter.

There are many examples of this sort of leak on Twitter with things that are decided/agreed to, but not announced yet (e.g. a family member changing information on their bio, changing certain pictures, etc.)   

The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

March 21, 2018, 12:43:59 PM
Reply #16

rieslinger07

• Information
  • Verbal Commit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »
https://www.wkbw.com/news/ub-to-announce-hiring-of-new-athletic-director-wednesday
A university spokesperson said Tuesday evening that a news conference will be held Wednesday morning, to announce the next director of athletics.
The spokesperson said that immediately after the news conference, the new director of athletics and UB President Satish Tripathi will go to Alumni Arena to congratulate and send-off the women's basketball team. The team is headed to Albany to take on the University of South Carolina in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament.
The new athletic director will replace Allen Greene, who left in January after two years as AD, to take the same position at Auburn University.
Hmmm. Internal candidate?

Wonder why UB hasn't announced a press conference yet. Seems like common sense would dictate publicizing a media event, especially with the great recent successes of basketball. Should always be working to raise that profile!

I thought that they did. They notified media and announced it will be live on Facebook and Youtube. It is in the new Buffalo Room on North Campus which is usually used for official announcements now.
They just posted it to Facebook the minute of. And the other announcements were around 10am. I'm just nitpicking- wish they'd have built up the hype a bit more.

Excuse my ignorance, but please share your ways of “educated surfing”? We all know that you are very close to the administration, but there is no possible way to have known this without inside information.

I did not have any contact with anyone in the Athletics Department or the Search Committee.

Figured it out on twitter.
Nice sleuthing, sir!  :)

March 21, 2018, 02:32:37 PM
Reply #17

WRUB

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
    • http://wrub.buffalo.edu
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:37 PM »
I'm a little disappointed the new guy didn't update his Twitter information yet.

Let's hope he's Danny Jr.
Listen to UB football/basketball games live on WRUB. WRUB is the student run radio station at UB with student broadcasting all games.

To help with broadcasts or to have your own show. Find more about WRUB at wrub.buffalo.edu

March 21, 2018, 05:42:17 PM
Reply #18

zigo230

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »
Watched some of his press conference on Facebook Live.   This guy is smooth as silk.  He barely even looked at his notes while chatting away.  So far it looks like a great hire to me.  Just keep the basketball coaches in place and keep improving football...we're good.

March 21, 2018, 06:04:18 PM
Reply #19

121Merrimac

• Information
  • Redshirt Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »
... the new guy didn't update his Twitter information yet...

Fake@UBFootball suggests he replace the N with an L, and remove the UTT.

Oh, you just meant the picture... nevermind.  ;)

March 21, 2018, 08:06:15 PM
Reply #20

ChubbyHubby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • WILL YOU CONSIDER HELPING OUT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 08:06:15 PM »
I'm a little disappointed the new guy didn't update his Twitter information yet.

Oh, HELL NO! Let's hope he has a personality.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO MY RIDE FOR ROSWELL
Ask me how you can help out.

March 22, 2018, 07:11:51 AM
Reply #21

ubfan75

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 07:11:51 AM »

Oh, HELL NO! Let's hope he has a personality.
It’s funny cuz it’s true. Sadly, for me anyway, they hired a “football guy”.

March 22, 2018, 12:09:08 PM
Reply #22

RochBull

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Alnutt announced as UB's new Athletics Director
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 12:09:08 PM »
I liked when he was being interviewed by Howard Simon on WGR this morning, when asked about going down to FCS, he interrupted Simon and basically said "that's not happening".

March 22, 2018, 12:13:55 PM
Reply #23

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 12:13:55 PM »
Great Hire.
Great Timing. Now he needs to lay out the vision to Oats and Jack.  Sell Sell Sell.

March 27, 2018, 01:15:42 PM
Reply #24

guru

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 01:15:42 PM »
Impressed so far with Mark Alnutt. But as they say talk is cheap. Want to see how responsive he will be to the regular type fan's outlook and ideas on how to improve the culture and changes to the game experience at sporting events. Many ideas over the years have fallen on deaf ears or not even received a response back. Still do not know how he can change the football culture here short of the team winning every game and having a product that fans will come out to see.  The old pro sports dilemena with the Sabres and Bills pricing the general fan out with their crazy prices and the change of generations that have lost interest in the local college scene. Go Bulls!!!!!

This site is READ ONLY