As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: New Rules  (Read 11949 times)

January 25, 2007, 11:17:30 AM
Reply #15

TheLastBoyScout

New Rules
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 11:17:30 AM »
everyone needs to remember we're all fans of the same university (except Ironfist), and focus on what that means.

January 25, 2007, 11:26:15 AM
Reply #16

B-Man

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 11:26:15 AM »
Quote from: "Matt"
Quit saying bad things about PaintedKid for no reason. just because he has a lot of passion for UB Sports doesn't mean it is your chance to be a  douche-bag to him. For the record, he was not kicked off of this forum, he asked for his profile to be deleted. Get your facts straight, and quit being a dick to the kid who just loves UB Sports, why don't you appreciate what he does like the rest of the real fans on this forum.

What does he do for the team besides act inappropriate at all the games and give the real fans a bad rap.  The kids been in college for about 10 years and has been annoying UB fans for the same amount of time.  He should come up with some original chants rather than screaming the whole game and smelling up the section.
Don't you hate pants?"  - Homer J

January 25, 2007, 12:13:03 PM
Reply #17

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
New Rules
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 12:13:03 PM »
Quote from: "Matt"
Quit saying bad things about PaintedKid for no reason.

This is exactly my point.  This is a forum to talk about sports, not people.  Paintedkid left saying that he was disgusted by the censoring on this website.  Well I guess he won't mind people talking about him then since he's such a believer in 'freedom of speech'.  Of course I'm being facetious  

And really, is B-Man saying something that bad?  Compared to stuff I read paintedkid say about University employees, it can't even be considered an insult.

January 25, 2007, 02:34:47 PM
Reply #18

UB92

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
Question for Admin
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »
I have a question for admin related to the rules, specifically rule 6.

Please give examples of what you consider proper and improper conduct related to this rule as far as comments about the coaching staff or AD or players are concerned.

Thank you,

UB92

Go Bulls.
The State University of New York. 

Blue. White. Damn Right.

January 25, 2007, 03:49:16 PM
Reply #19

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »
What does he do for the team besides act inappropriate at all the games and give the real fans a bad rap. The kids been in college for about 10 years and has been annoying UB fans for the same amount of time. He should come up with some original chants rather than screaming the whole game and smelling up the section.

He attended more sporting events than almost anybody I know, both men's and women's including multiple sports, you may not agree with the way he expressed himself but taunting is part of college sports, that can't be denied, this is not a thread to debates his actions but leave your opinions of a kid that is/was an important part of this sport to yourself if he's not here to defend himself b-man, and as far as I can see you haven't offered much more yourself, not saying I have but this doesn't really give your opinion a lot of credit, give it a rest

January 25, 2007, 04:29:12 PM
Reply #20

xDerekRx

• Information
  • Head Coach
  • Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xderekrx
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 04:29:12 PM »
The Painted Kid situation is between him and Warde. Also everybody who gets kicked out is to take it up with them. Thats the only way you can get answers.

Listen I loved Painted Kid, he was one of the first fans when I started following the team way back when. Id see him at every UB sporting event. To me hes the one fan that stands out over anyone but all that is great and he should be praised for it. But the stuff he is being repremanded for are another issue.

Im not going to lie Ive had small run ins with the staff. I think it was the Miami game where Bigbobby and I or maybe even Jeseph were getting some sass from Mr. R (no name needed) and it was a little overdone but its also the new regime if you will and the real only way to figure out what the new regime (being Warde) wants is to discuss it with him instead of complaining on the forum. Thats all.

January 25, 2007, 05:24:43 PM
Reply #21

admin

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question for Admin
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »
Quote from: "UB92"

Please give examples of what you consider proper and improper conduct related to this rule as far as comments about the coaching staff or AD or players are concerned.

Good question.  I think many times it'll be case by case basis.  Each case is different.  Having said that I'll give two examples of acceptable and not acceptable.

Acceptable Post:
Coach Romeo Belichek blew it he should have gone for it on fourth and 1.  He's starting to lose his edge.  Maybe it's time for a new coach.

Unacceptable Posts:
Someone who comes on the site with only one objective.  The person posts daily about why we should fire someone and turns every single topic into a "We should fire him now!" topic.
or
Person posts attacks like "This person sucks! F the guy, curse this curse that .... You get the idea.

January 25, 2007, 06:28:11 PM
Reply #22

UBigbobby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UBigbobby
    • View Profile
    • http://bigbobby.atspace.com
New Rules
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 06:28:11 PM »
Kudos to Admin for setting these in stone.

There are a few things lot of you have to realize, as Ozoner said, this is a web forum.  Freedom of Speech does not apply.  This is Kyu's site.  He owns it.  Therefore he can make whatever rules he wants, and that is legally prefectly fine.  So instead of whining "its my first amendment" grow up and realize that if you are resorting to that excuse...then you're most likely in the wrong anyway.

As for the conduct at games.  I do not have a problem with the "crackdown".  At the Miami game I sat down and talked to Warde for this specific issue.  I said that the majority of diehard fans re feeling slighted, and silenced.  He explained to me that he has no problem with boooing, or even the occasional bullshaq chant.  Thats all well and good, and he agrees its part of the game and atmosphere.  What is NOT part of the game and is NOT acceptable re derrogatory comments.  Screaming how the coach's daughter is a whore, or how the ref is gay.  That is NOT part of the game.  You shouldn't be screaming these things out of respect for the people around you, let alone that they are just dumb and add nothing to the game.  Sure they can be funny to our college sense of humor, but that doesn't make them right.

I mean honestly, what are any of you really going to do?  Walk into Warde's office and tell him that we should be allowed to swear at the other team and their fans?  Tell him that making nasty remarks about a coach's daughter, or a player while their family is right there should be acceptable behavior?

Step back for a second and think about whats going on.  Think about what things you would expect to be acceptable bahvior.  Cheer, Booo, chant asshole sometimes, be creative.  But don't start swearing and getting personal and nasty.  I don't think that's too much for the University to expect.

January 25, 2007, 08:07:21 PM
Reply #23

ubprofit

New Rules
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
UBigBobby makes some great points.  UB is trying to make sure that its athletic events are all family friendly which sometimes doesn't quite align with how us college students want it to be.

The only advice I can give on the whole issue is to contact all the other schools in the MAC and get copies of their crowd policies, especially those schools notorious for having crazy student sections (Kent, CMU, WMU, BGSU, Ohio, Miami).  Your only firepower would be to see if our policy is comparable to others.  

From what I've heard from fans and even some of the players, other schools are a lot more liberal in what they allow.  However, some of these schools have traditions built up and people know what to expect when they go to those games.  Warde is in the midst of creating tradition and unfortunately for some of the students they feel it is supposed to be G rated.  

Just don't give up on our beloved Bulls or let them suffer for the shortcomings of the administration or what we perceive as such.

Go Bulls!

January 25, 2007, 08:21:53 PM
Reply #24

Jeseph

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • True Blue Co-Founder and Alumni
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »
I agree but saying the ref sucks because the game he is calling sucks... is that wrong, if they are doing poorly I'd like them to know. The only issue I have is when words get put in our mouths. I am not going to name names or point fingers, just letting you guys no where I'm coming from, and with that, I'm pretty much done with this conversation forum wise, I will be writing some e-mails and scheduling some meetings but lets respect Admin and keep it off the site for now

January 25, 2007, 08:56:47 PM
Reply #25

TheLastBoyScout

New Rules
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 08:56:47 PM »
i agree, using the word suck shouldn't be a big deal.  at a UB FB game last year i said "Rutgers Sucks!" and some families behind me started yelling at me, and then a cop came over to tell me to "tone it down".  thats a little too harsh, and i spoke with Warde personally about it last year and he said they were being too tight at that point and "suck" is ok.

January 25, 2007, 09:29:31 PM
Reply #26

UBigbobby

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UBigbobby
    • View Profile
    • http://bigbobby.atspace.com
New Rules
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 09:29:31 PM »
Yea, It's also important to remember that sometimes these issues are more the event staff misinterpretting orders or being overzealous.

January 25, 2007, 09:43:05 PM
Reply #27

xDerekRx

• Information
  • Head Coach
  • Global Moderator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xderekrx
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »
Someone mentioned other schools. When I was Akron I was shocked. The ZOO as they call it, their section, was 20 feet away from our bench. They were yelling at Reggie every single possession and I dont know how Reg couldnt take to it.

January 26, 2007, 02:03:20 AM
Reply #28

Pharaoh

• Information
  • Four Year Starter
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 02:03:20 AM »
Quote from: "UBigbobby"
Kudos to Admin for setting these in stone.

There are a few things lot of you have to realize, as Ozoner said, this is a web forum.  Freedom of Speech does not apply.  This is Kyu's site.  He owns it.  Therefore he can make whatever rules he wants, and that is legally prefectly fine.  So instead of whining "its my first amendment" grow up and realize that if you are resorting to that excuse...then you're most likely in the wrong anyway.

As for the conduct at games.  I do not have a problem with the "crackdown".  At the Miami game I sat down and talked to Warde for this specific issue.  I said that the majority of diehard fans re feeling slighted, and silenced.  He explained to me that he has no problem with boooing, or even the occasional bullshaq chant.  Thats all well and good, and he agrees its part of the game and atmosphere.  What is NOT part of the game and is NOT acceptable re derrogatory comments.  Screaming how the coach's daughter is a whore, or how the ref is gay.  That is NOT part of the game.  You shouldn't be screaming these things out of respect for the people around you, let alone that they are just dumb and add nothing to the game.  Sure they can be funny to our college sense of humor, but that doesn't make them right.

I mean honestly, what are any of you really going to do?  Walk into Warde's office and tell him that we should be allowed to swear at the other team and their fans?  Tell him that making nasty remarks about a coach's daughter, or a player while their family is right there should be acceptable behavior?

Step back for a second and think about whats going on.  Think about what things you would expect to be acceptable bahvior.  Cheer, Booo, chant asshole sometimes, be creative.  But don't start swearing and getting personal and nasty.  I don't think that's too much for the University to expect.

completely agree, couldnt have said it better myself

January 26, 2007, 12:03:30 PM
Reply #29

Pharaoh

• Information
  • Four Year Starter
    • View Profile
New Rules
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 12:03:30 PM »
forget it i dont want to get involved with this

This site is READ ONLY