As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: MAC roundtable-lots of Bulls hatred  (Read 4658 times)

August 24, 2009, 07:03:08 PM
Reply #15

Ubbullz2003

Re: MAC roundtable-lots of Bulls hatred
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:03:08 PM »
Haha I missed all the Ball State haters from the end of last year.  They think there Boise St. After one fluke year and at the same time arguing that we we're the lucky ones.

A University that can't keep Brady Hoke from leaving to San Diego St. Of all places and Nate Davis rather rot on a practice squad in the NFL then prove it wasn't a fluke.

I think we should be happier Ball St. isn't on the schedule to hurt the SOS.

Where's a Central or Western Michigan fan I need a real argument

August 24, 2009, 08:36:43 PM
Reply #16

dbrhee

• Information
  • Four Year Starter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »
Jenk,
    I do not have the problem of their opinions.. BUt it is another to base the arguments on being a sore loser and hater... I understand bloggers could be opinionated but it is another to state things that are not based on facts.. Lucky this, lucky that?  That is just plain ridiculous and brings no credentials to their forum.. I want the MAC to have credentials which we lack so much from the national media... So having a MAC roundtable to try to bring "relevance" don't help when one of the blogger could only states "bias and unfounded info" ... As BIE stated, what is your argument based on what?

OTP forgets to hear how many BCS teams thought Ball State was lucky and a fluke.. The difference is a team like Buffalo has to prove that.. So for a guy who would call our team a fluke (and there I concur with you Jenk that we have THE MACC Trophy) is like telling someone else of being a fake when he himself is a fake... Call it stupid but it is what it is..

At the end of the day, it is all about who will make it.. Though they were hard on the Bulls,  I expect an improvement.. I hope for the MACC and believe we could do it.. Just let the team answer on the field..

August 24, 2009, 09:25:56 PM
Reply #17

drfish

• Information
  • All MAC Performer
  • from my coaching experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
So let me get this straight... you poke holes in my luck argument by saying "we were like... three plays away from going 8-0 in the MAC!!!"  
No, I think the point is that not every break went UB's way.  The general theme of the of the bloggers was that UB's great season last year was primarily due to luck.  To which we all say, "Bovine Biscuits."  The examples being vs. CMU winning FG clanks off the upright.  Vs. KSU player going in for the go ahead TD with time about to expire fumbles on the goal line.  Vs. WMU loss in OT UB picked in the endzone.  That is simply a refutation of your statement that every break went UB's way.  

Truthfully, I'm thankful we don't play you this season. I don't want your team and the stockpile of losses you have screwing up our strength of schedule.
LMAO!  What, you are afraid that you might finish worse than last year's 109th strongest schedule??

cogito ergo sum

This site is READ ONLY