As of 8/24/2018, this site has been archived. Please visit http://www.ubfan.com for the new site
THIS SITE IS READ ONLY

Author Topic: MAC roundtable-lots of Bulls hatred  (Read 4656 times)

August 24, 2009, 09:05:23 AM
Read 4656 times

brigadier

• Information
  • Signed Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email

August 24, 2009, 09:16:04 AM
Reply #1

BRJACR75

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MAC roundtable-lots of Bulls hatred
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
Its understandable that there is so much venom toward UB.  Obviously when your the champ. you have the biggest target on your back.  I kind of understand what they mean about UB being the darling because it is kind of like how Bills fans like myself feel about the Patriots.  Theres not one game that goes by that the announcers arent fawning over Brady and the Pats.  It gets sickeneing.  But I would say thats UB's place to show them all that they are for real.  These guys with the notion that they got lucky in some of their games, BS.  The luck went both ways, just ask Pitt and CMU.

August 24, 2009, 11:11:30 AM
Reply #2

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
Wow, that OverThePylon guy is a jacka$$. He whines like a 5 year old because he's still bitter about his team sucking a$$ in the MACC game last year. What a puss. Hasn't he been on here a bunch of times? I don't remember him being such a homer. He basically slams Buffalo on every single one of his answers rather than giving any thoughtful opinions. He reminds me of the Ohio U fan from Cleveland in 2005.
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

August 24, 2009, 11:44:22 AM
Reply #3

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
Its understandable that there is so much venom toward UB.  Obviously when your the champ. you have the biggest target on your back.  I kind of understand what they mean about UB being the darling because it is kind of like how Bills fans like myself feel about the Patriots.  Theres not one game that goes by that the announcers arent fawning over Brady and the Pats.  It gets sickeneing.  But I would say thats UB's place to show them all that they are for real.  These guys with the notion that they got lucky in some of their games, BS.  The luck went both ways, just ask Pitt and CMU.

I still get a tickle out of just how hurt Ball State fans are... The number one criticism I have is the whole 'they won close games' when we also lot close games (WMU/CMU/KSU) UB was 14 points away from going 8-0 in the MAC last year.

I agree with the guy who said the huskies are overrated, they lost the core of their team and return a QB who throws more pics than touchdowns..
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year

August 24, 2009, 11:49:12 AM
Reply #4

OverThePylon

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »
Wow, that OverThePylon guy is a jacka$$. He whines like a 5 year old because he's still bitter about his team sucking a$$ in the MACC game last year. What a puss. Hasn't he been on here a bunch of times? I don't remember him being such a homer. He basically slams Buffalo on every single one of his answers rather than giving any thoughtful opinions. He reminds me of the Ohio U fan from Cleveland in 2005.

It was simply a non-stock answer. If me not particularly drinking all the UB Kool Aid that everyone else did, or if me being pissed we fumbled away a title makes me a puss, then so be it. Truthfully, UB could use some friendly rivalries in this conference since before last season you all sort of didn't matter.

August 24, 2009, 12:43:37 PM
Reply #5

BullsFanInChiTown

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »

I still get a tickle out of just how hurt Ball State fans are... The number one criticism I have is the whole 'they won close games' when we also lot close games (WMU/CMU/KSU) UB was 14 points away from going 8-0 in the MAC last year.
I agree with the guy who said the huskies are overrated, they lost the core of their team and return a QB who throws more pics than touchdowns..

Read bold statement OverThePylon... thats all that really needs to be said

August 24, 2009, 12:46:02 PM
Reply #6

BRJACR75

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »

It was simply a non-stock answer. If me not particularly drinking all the UB Kool Aid that everyone else did, or if me being pissed we fumbled away a title makes me a puss, then so be it. Truthfully, UB could use some friendly rivalries in this conference since before last season you all sort of didn't matter.

So if I'm supposed to understand you correctly, UB success last year was the result of luck and not much else.  If you claim that there wins that were by single digits were lucky, that could be said about any team that wins by single digits, it doesnt make alot of sense.  Besides if Team A has more points than Team B, then Team A wins the game.  There is no asterisk in the win column that says Team A has 7 wins, but an asterisk next to it saying *yea but 4 of those games were by single digits so there not really wins but 1/2 wins.  Of course you failed to mention that two of UB's losses could have been deemed lucky for the other team.  In the Pitt game, UB was controling the game and had Pitt on the ropes until UB's defense got called for a terrible personal foul penalty on a third down screen pass by the panthers that would have forced them to give the ball back to the Bulls.  But the terrible call, gave Pitt the automatic first down extending the drive and it seemed to wake up the panthers for the rest of the season.  I still say, that play changed the whole season for Pitt.

Then you have the end of the CMU game.  UB scores a TD, goes for 2, I think it was Hamlin who catches the ball at the goal line, appears that he was in, but they claimed he wasnt, plus, after UB gets the ball back, on the last drive, UB gets a first down, but the time clock kept ticking.  Those extra seconds that ran off could have meant 1 or 2 extra plays to get UB closer for the game winning FG.

How is forcing takeaways lucky.  Its part of the game.  Being that it was the Defensive Coaching that preached that philosophy, and that it was basically the mantra of the DB coach (who ill add is UB's new D cord. this year), I just dont think that a turnover can be classified as luck.
Besides, if anything, its could be classified as lack of focus on the part of the other team.  UB cant help that Ball State came into the MACCG over confident and expecting to roll over UB.  Dont blaim the Bulls winning on luck, blaim it on your special ed QB who thought too highly of himself, and couldnt hold on to the ball.

Friendly Rivalries your looking for, huh?  I wouldnt exactly say that its real friendly to claim that a teams success is the sole result of luck and not their play on the field.  Just thought I'd mention that.

August 24, 2009, 12:54:05 PM
Reply #7

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »
i love when schools hate us
"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"

August 24, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
Reply #8

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »

Sorry but your asnwer here is way off

"This is a team that basically had everything break their way last season."

Umm FG hitting the upright causing us a conference loss to the chips, 4th quarter collapse against WMU squandering a large lead, a fumble going in for the go ahead score against KSU... Oh yea everything went our way last year. Don't project Ball States epic Fail in the MACC to our entire season.

"From last second hail mary's to fluke victories, the Bulls rode those to a 7-5 record. 7 of their games last season were within a touchdown, meaning the Bulls just as easily could have lost the 4 they won."

Or we could have lost three of those and beat WMU CMU and KSU and still ended up in the same place! You do realize Buffalo was a missed FG and one defensive stop in the 4th quarter from defeating the darling three of the west last season.

"I know Turner Gill was lauded as THE COACH to hire in the offseason. No one did. Wonder why?"

Because unlike Brady Hoke he was not dying to get out of his school, he did not want Syracuse nor Iowa State if he had he would probably be at one of those schools. Don't be upset because Hoke bolted for the first but out of Muncie.
"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

"Is there a year

August 24, 2009, 01:32:40 PM
Reply #9

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »

Really other than the crying from OTP and the one word answers from TFF I thought it was a good read.. Those two have been especially bitter about Buffalo last year (for obvious reasons) Lets set them aside and look at the rest..

Who is in your title game and which teams make bowl games?
Falcon Blog: CMU beating Temple
Lets Go Rockets: Central Michigan vs. Buffalo
Fire Up Chips: Central Michigan versus Ohio
Lets Go Zips: CMU over Akron <-- Homer
Red and Black: Central Michigan vs Ohio

Seems reasonable

"Is there a year

August 24, 2009, 02:48:21 PM
Reply #10

clodney

• Information
  • Offensive Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 02:48:21 PM »

Really other than the crying from OTP and the one word answers from TFF I thought it was a good read.. Those two have been especially bitter about Buffalo last year (for obvious reasons) Lets set them aside and look at the rest..

Who is in your title game and which teams make bowl games?
Falcon Blog: CMU beating Temple
Lets Go Rockets: Central Michigan vs. Buffalo
Fire Up Chips: Central Michigan versus Ohio
Lets Go Zips: CMU over Akron <-- Homer
Red and Black: Central Michigan vs Ohio

Seems reasonable

I didn't expect any of them to say we'd beat the West. The writeups were all pretty good, except for the one person taking jabs at our entire season because of one game. He says it's only to "stir the pot" but we don't even play Ball State this year. booooo  I would agree with almmost everyone else in the conference being CMU vs anyone in the East.

August 24, 2009, 03:19:47 PM
Reply #11

OverThePylon

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »
So let me get this straight... you poke holes in my luck argument by saying "we were like... three plays away from going 8-0 in the MAC!!!"

Right. So saying that in opposition to UB is errant. Saying that in support makes you a Bull fan? Got it.

Truthfully, I'm thankful we don't play you this season. I don't want your team and the stockpile of losses you have screwing up our strength of schedule.

August 24, 2009, 03:30:11 PM
Reply #12

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
So let me get this straight... you poke holes in my luck argument by saying "we were like... three plays away from going 8-0 in the MAC!!!"

Right. So saying that in opposition to UB is errant. Saying that in support makes you a Bull fan? Got it.

Truthfully, I'm thankful we don't play you this season. I don't want your team and the stockpile of losses you have screwing up our strength of schedule.

Actually Allan I poke holes in your complete lack of any argument on your side by saying the thing you accuse us of, luck, hurt us as many times as it helped us. In all your blathering about UB you did not *once* mention any reason we are going to 'suck' this year other than 'we were lucky last year'... Sheesh at least Raso had a reason

OTP: ffalo. Hands down. This is a team that basically had everything break their way last season. From last second hail mary's to fluke victories, the Bulls rode those to a 7-5 record. 7 of their games last season were within a touchdown, meaning the Bulls just as easily could have lost the 4 they won. They were +19 in turnovers, and that can not only be pointed to as a reason they were successful, but also as a stat that will be nearly imposssible to replicate in 09. I know Turner Gill was lauded as THE COACH to hire in the offseason. No one did. Wonder why?

Where the hell did you talk about anything from this year?

ROZ: Buffalo. Don't underestimate the loss of Drew Willy and six linemen (offense and defense).
FB: Buffalo. They won a bunch of close games last year (including two absolute miracles) with a huge turnover margin they are unlikely to repeat. They lost their QB and don't have a clear replacement. Everyone may be in love with Turner Gill, but I think the Bulls are being way over-estimated.

Ill give TFF a pass because he did not go into detail on any question

So we have four folks say Buffalo three of whom (giving the benefit of the doubt to TFF) actually have a 2009 reason and one of whom have a 2008 chip on their shoulder.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:32:03 PM by Bull_In_Exile »

"Is there a year

August 24, 2009, 03:31:29 PM
Reply #13

Bull_In_Exile

• Information
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
    • Bull Run
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 03:31:29 PM »

Right we would not want to offset world beaters North Texas, New Hampshire and Army...

"Is there a year

August 24, 2009, 03:34:45 PM
Reply #14

Jenk3423

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 03:34:45 PM »
Dude is entitled to his opinion...let him have it.

End of the day...we don't need to exist on "if's" and "but's"--they are the crutch of the losers and the weak.

In our trophy case rests the trophy for the 2008 MAC championship.

In theirs...a participation ribbon and a world of regret.

Don't step down too far to dole out insults to those that deal purely in hypoteticals and sour grapes...

2008 MAC Champs...until you beat us...'NUFF said...

This site is READ ONLY